Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

our pain status

Posted by alan k on 2/15/00 at 00:00 (015883)

I still have completely atypical foot pain, and currently I am without a diagnosis.

I developed the pain over the course of a week in which I came down with mild flu-like symptoms. My wife then got the same 'flu,' even milder, and then got milder foot pain. Both my wife and I are practicioners of an advanced form of yoga that involves vigorous jumping and bouncing movement, which we performed with bare feet on a hardwood floor. This may be a factor also. We now practice gentle, beginners style yoga and don't do much work standing.

She has found the only thing that has helped is exersize on a pilates performer, which a previous poster recommended as a near-miracle cure.
However, my wife is not dedicated to the exerciser and gets recurrent bouts, and in any case it is not clear that exercise alone is her cure since the only way to 'prove' that is to do it consistently and see if it returns then.

I have been helped by Birkenstocks, and sometimes my feet feel more comfortable in nightsplints. I have been %25 better from my 'high' since making use of heelspurs.com, which is the first place I heard about the cutting-edge breakthough treatment called rest. I have very poor medical care all along, and recently went through a period of a probably false diagnosis of tarsal tunnel syndrome. My podiatrist now thinks I do't have tts anymore. I find foot exercise very helpful but my testimony as to benefits of exercise is invalid as everyone on the board knows that I pursue several therapies simultaneously-- acupuncture, diet, supplements, meditation, as well as exercises. That rules out any definitive statement of what is helping me. I am not willing to perform a controlled experiment on myself-- forgoing a variety of treatments-- in order to determine the one that is working.

My hypothesis now is that there is an underlying systemic problem due to some 'bug' that needs to be addressed in our case, so that the effective therapies win out in the end. Then it just remains a question of using healthy lifestyle and foot exercises as preventive medicine. I think a number of other people might also have some systemic factor contributing to foot pain.

alan k

Re: our pain status

Mike W on 2/15/00 at 00:00 (015899)

Hi Allen,

Have you or your wife ever been tested for parasites? And have you ever tried a good parasite cleanse?

I am invloved in a nutraceutical(?) company and know about a herb called cat's claw (Una de gato) which is a good natural anti-inflammatory and helps clean out the gi tract. You should check it out there is a lot of info on the net about it.

Take care,

Mike W

Re: our pain status

Mike W on 2/15/00 at 00:00 (015899)

Hi Allen,

Have you or your wife ever been tested for parasites? And have you ever tried a good parasite cleanse?

I am invloved in a nutraceutical(?) company and know about a herb called cat's claw (Una de gato) which is a good natural anti-inflammatory and helps clean out the gi tract. You should check it out there is a lot of info on the net about it.

Take care,

Mike W