Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

salina, she meant chronic not acute

Posted by alan k on 2/15/00 at 00:00 (015910)

Robin meant to say 'chronic' cases might not ever get %100 better, not 'acute.' The more acute you are the better. I take it Salina you have just come down with this? You can have every expectation of getting %100 better, especially if you find the right things for you and keep at it. As Robin said, do a serach there are plenty of cases of full happy healing. Please realize that most of the characters like me here are chronic long term cases and also chronic message poster addicts. We are not a good representation of the average foot pain cases.

alan k

alan k

Re: salina, she meant chronic not acute

Salina on 2/15/00 at 00:00 (015912)

thanks, this board has been so helpful. I know I must sound ignorant to someone that has been dealing with this for a long time. I am sorry for that. It is just that before this, i honestly never knew anyone with PF or had ever heard of it. And now that I am learning more about it, it is even scarier because its even more confusing than I thought. The way the pain is different for different people, the way certain treatments work for some but do nothing for others, I could go on and on but won't. I know that I have to just calm down, that this is not going to just go away. Even is I do work this out, and don't become 'chronic', I understand it is going to take time. I just have to keep telling myself that. I wish my doctor during my first visit, would have said something to prepare me for the long haul of it. He acted like taking IBU and resting a little bit and I would be just fine. He really played it down. He even acted as if since i am a housewife that there is no way i could really have anything serious wrong with my feet. So please allow me the time for the SHOCK of it to settle in. And ignore it if I complain about something that would seem so trivial to a longtimer. I have learned more from this board then i ever will from the DOC. I really appreciate it. I hope i do not become addicted to it though.

Re: salina, she meant chronic not acute

Salina on 2/15/00 at 00:00 (015912)

thanks, this board has been so helpful. I know I must sound ignorant to someone that has been dealing with this for a long time. I am sorry for that. It is just that before this, i honestly never knew anyone with PF or had ever heard of it. And now that I am learning more about it, it is even scarier because its even more confusing than I thought. The way the pain is different for different people, the way certain treatments work for some but do nothing for others, I could go on and on but won't. I know that I have to just calm down, that this is not going to just go away. Even is I do work this out, and don't become 'chronic', I understand it is going to take time. I just have to keep telling myself that. I wish my doctor during my first visit, would have said something to prepare me for the long haul of it. He acted like taking IBU and resting a little bit and I would be just fine. He really played it down. He even acted as if since i am a housewife that there is no way i could really have anything serious wrong with my feet. So please allow me the time for the SHOCK of it to settle in. And ignore it if I complain about something that would seem so trivial to a longtimer. I have learned more from this board then i ever will from the DOC. I really appreciate it. I hope i do not become addicted to it though.