Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Magnets worked for me!

Posted by Helene M on 2/17/00 at 00:00 (015955)

I've had a bad inflammation in both arches for a few weeks now. I could hardly walk. One week ago I taped a powerful neodymium-boron magnet to each arch. It definitely accelerated healing. I'm not an expert but I believe the magnets need to be strong, based on my experience. In the past, I had tried some magnets from the drugstore which had no effect. Probably not strong enough. The magnetic insoles from the drugstore also didn't help. However these magnets are much stronger. They have also helped me get rid of a bad case of wrist tendonitis. While they haven't cured me of PF, they certainly have enabled me to walk again. To all of you sufferers, I believe it's worth a try.

Re: Magnets worked for me!

john a on 2/17/00 at 00:00 (015957)

I really do want to believe that magnets can help, but there is a lot of conflicting info out there. Where did you get your magnets? I think I may give it a try. I know Edmund Scientific (on line too) sells all sorts of powerful rare earth magnets, but it is not clear which might be best

In this vein, has anyone tried 'Goode Wraps'? They are apparently cloth wraps for ankles, wrists, knees, etc., that have 'semiconductors' embedded in them! Seems pretty strange. They're at Good Wraps

Helene M on 2/17/00 at 00:00 (015960)

I bought my magnets at Nutrition Warehouse, a chain of health food stores in the N.Y.C/L.I. area. However, if you do an internet search for 'magnetic therapy', there are many sites that sell them. I wouldn't worry about the conflicting information. It can't hurt to try them.

YokoS on 2/17/00 at 00:00 (015963)

John, mine is not a 'goode wrap' brand, but I have semiconductors-embedded ankle wrap (bought in Japan 7 months ago). My mother bought knee warp. Both were quite expensive, and we both believed miracle happens soon because of it's price. NOTHING HAPPENED SO FAR. (by the way, ankle wrap doesn't cover heel)

Scott R on 2/17/00 at 00:00 (015981)

My main document mentions the following: magnetic inserts (radio shack has special very small, very strong magnets - tape to painful area. I tried it and beleive it or not it WORKED

I bought 6 packs and placed them in a grid pattern on tape each morning.

PaulL on 2/18/00 at 00:00 (015994)

Magnets do work. Magnets were first introduced to North America by a Japanese company after 15 years of success off shore. This company has over 95% of the market because of the effectiveness of the patented products. I'm a distributor for this company and will provide additional information to anyone who wants it.

Paul

john a on 2/17/00 at 00:00 (015957)

I really do want to believe that magnets can help, but there is a lot of conflicting info out there. Where did you get your magnets? I think I may give it a try. I know Edmund Scientific (on line too) sells all sorts of powerful rare earth magnets, but it is not clear which might be best

In this vein, has anyone tried 'Goode Wraps'? They are apparently cloth wraps for ankles, wrists, knees, etc., that have 'semiconductors' embedded in them! Seems pretty strange. They're at Good Wraps

Helene M on 2/17/00 at 00:00 (015960)

I bought my magnets at Nutrition Warehouse, a chain of health food stores in the N.Y.C/L.I. area. However, if you do an internet search for 'magnetic therapy', there are many sites that sell them. I wouldn't worry about the conflicting information. It can't hurt to try them.

YokoS on 2/17/00 at 00:00 (015963)

John, mine is not a 'goode wrap' brand, but I have semiconductors-embedded ankle wrap (bought in Japan 7 months ago). My mother bought knee warp. Both were quite expensive, and we both believed miracle happens soon because of it's price. NOTHING HAPPENED SO FAR. (by the way, ankle wrap doesn't cover heel)

Scott R on 2/17/00 at 00:00 (015981)

My main document mentions the following: magnetic inserts (radio shack has special very small, very strong magnets - tape to painful area. I tried it and beleive it or not it WORKED

I bought 6 packs and placed them in a grid pattern on tape each morning.

PaulL on 2/18/00 at 00:00 (015994)

Magnets do work. Magnets were first introduced to North America by a Japanese company after 15 years of success off shore. This company has over 95% of the market because of the effectiveness of the patented products. I'm a distributor for this company and will provide additional information to anyone who wants it.

Paul