Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Don't listen to me

Posted by salina on 2/17/00 at 00:00 (015961)

Earlier I posted and said that I was thinking the night splints weren't helping. I was just venting. I know they must help or it wouldn't be the first thing a doctor tells you to do. I am just having a bad day.
I probably should have waited a while, but I got a footflex thing. It came today and is sitting in front of me, unopened.
I remember someone named Barb giving it high praises. But others saying they hurt their toes with it. So I am a little bit scared.
Is anyone using theirs, or is it collecting dust?

Re: Don't listen to me

Beth D. on 2/17/00 at 00:00 (015966)

Salina,

I used my Footflex a few minutes today. I have been having extremely good days lately-started a real diary so that one bad day doesn't lead me to my deep depression about the whole thing. I have been biking, wearing Birks, not walking anymore than necessary, taking Bromlein, stretching before I get out of bed and a few other times. I also started the alphabet exercises today while I was in the sauna. My right heel is hurting a bit-feels like glass shards are in it. My feet (in sneaks with orthotics) didn't hurt at all while I worked out today. I did do some new stuff though today-the stairmaster instead of the bike and the alphabet with my feet. I like the Footflex and use it in it's hightest position now. Don't be scared to start. Also, like you I didn't get the early morning, first step pain. I have found the Birks to be much better than my orthotics. I'm still searching for a lightweight hiking shoe.

Beth

Re: Don't listen to me

Beth D. on 2/17/00 at 00:00 (015966)

Salina,

I used my Footflex a few minutes today. I have been having extremely good days lately-started a real diary so that one bad day doesn't lead me to my deep depression about the whole thing. I have been biking, wearing Birks, not walking anymore than necessary, taking Bromlein, stretching before I get out of bed and a few other times. I also started the alphabet exercises today while I was in the sauna. My right heel is hurting a bit-feels like glass shards are in it. My feet (in sneaks with orthotics) didn't hurt at all while I worked out today. I did do some new stuff though today-the stairmaster instead of the bike and the alphabet with my feet. I like the Footflex and use it in it's hightest position now. Don't be scared to start. Also, like you I didn't get the early morning, first step pain. I have found the Birks to be much better than my orthotics. I'm still searching for a lightweight hiking shoe.

Beth