Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Hey Salina, this is MY pity party!

Posted by Nancy S. on 2/17/00 at 00:00 (015972)

Just kidding! --Nancy S.

Re: Hey Salina, this is MY pity party!

salina on 2/17/00 at 00:00 (015985)

Sorry. Let me try again. Smile, it will get better. How about this one 'There's a light at the end of the tunnel', or 'The pain's gonna just fade away'. Any of these working yet?
I know, I am a downer these days. I just sort of crashed your party.

Nancy S. on 2/18/00 at 00:00 (015989)

As I said, Salina, I was just joking, that's all.
But to answer your question, No, platitudes with a sarcastic tone don't help.
Obviously you are having a hard time, and a lot of people here, myself included, have been trying hard to help you. But please remember, we are also in pain and have had our lives altered greatly too. If you don't have advice to offer, that is just fine. Maybe you will later, who knows. But I think it would be better to say nothing in response to someone else's pain instead of what you said to me. Other people's pain is just as real as yours, so please, if you can't come up with a little compassion instead of advice, it would be better not to respond to someone else's pain at all.

salina on 2/17/00 at 00:00 (015985)

Sorry. Let me try again. Smile, it will get better. How about this one 'There's a light at the end of the tunnel', or 'The pain's gonna just fade away'. Any of these working yet?
I know, I am a downer these days. I just sort of crashed your party.

Nancy S. on 2/18/00 at 00:00 (015989)

As I said, Salina, I was just joking, that's all.
But to answer your question, No, platitudes with a sarcastic tone don't help.
Obviously you are having a hard time, and a lot of people here, myself included, have been trying hard to help you. But please remember, we are also in pain and have had our lives altered greatly too. If you don't have advice to offer, that is just fine. Maybe you will later, who knows. But I think it would be better to say nothing in response to someone else's pain instead of what you said to me. Other people's pain is just as real as yours, so please, if you can't come up with a little compassion instead of advice, it would be better not to respond to someone else's pain at all.