Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Re: to BJC

Posted by Nancy S. on 2/17/00 at 00:00 (015974)

Does the ankle support you wore also go under the arch and provide any support there? I'd be interested in something like that -- that supports both the arch and the ankle (I'd like to keep my foot from wobbling since I twisted it last week, but would love extra support underneath also). --Nancy

BJC on 2/18/00 at 00:00 (015997)

Yes, it does. When I first started looking, I was thinking of an ace bandage, but this is even better. Made of ace bandage material, it conforms to your foot both under the arch and around the ankle. The back of the heel is open. I preferred to wear it over socks to provide comfort throughout the day, but when dressing up could wear it under hose so it didn't show so much. Don't try to get one that is too small...it can really get tight when worn all day. I wear a size 7 shoe, am not overweight, and chose the medium size. The small was just a little too tight. The also come is large - X-large. I purchased mine at CVS drugs for under $5. on sale. Good luck - I hope it helps you as much as it helped me!

BJC on 2/18/00 at 00:00 (015997)

Yes, it does. When I first started looking, I was thinking of an ace bandage, but this is even better. Made of ace bandage material, it conforms to your foot both under the arch and around the ankle. The back of the heel is open. I preferred to wear it over socks to provide comfort throughout the day, but when dressing up could wear it under hose so it didn't show so much. Don't try to get one that is too small...it can really get tight when worn all day. I wear a size 7 shoe, am not overweight, and chose the medium size. The small was just a little too tight. The also come is large - X-large. I purchased mine at CVS drugs for under $5. on sale. Good luck - I hope it helps you as much as it helped me!