Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

That's great Laurie!.....

Posted by wendyn on 2/18/00 at 00:00 (016012)

Laurie, I'm so glad that it helped for at least a little while. If nothing else, at least it didn't hurt or make you worse (now I don't have to be such a chicken if they insist I have one too!). So will the cortisone continue to work for a while - or is that it? What does your doctor think the air cast will do?

Re: That's great Laurie!.....Re Wendy

Laurie R on 2/18/00 at 00:00 (016018)

Hi Wendy,The cortisone might take up to 48 hours to work as of now my foot feels a little bit better from a 9 to about a 7 so we will see my podiatrist said that if it don't work I might need other shot when I go back in two weeks . Also the air cast is suppose to be better for me because he says it will keep my foot from moving now I am in a walking cast and my foot moves to much so it is not helping.He says my foot needs a good rest.He told me that with the air cast you pump it up with air as tight as you want it.I have never even heard of it before.At this point I am willing to try anything even other shot.Laurie R

Re: That's great Laurie!.....Re Wendy

Laurie R on 2/18/00 at 00:00 (016018)

Hi Wendy,The cortisone might take up to 48 hours to work as of now my foot feels a little bit better from a 9 to about a 7 so we will see my podiatrist said that if it don't work I might need other shot when I go back in two weeks . Also the air cast is suppose to be better for me because he says it will keep my foot from moving now I am in a walking cast and my foot moves to much so it is not helping.He says my foot needs a good rest.He told me that with the air cast you pump it up with air as tight as you want it.I have never even heard of it before.At this point I am willing to try anything even other shot.Laurie R