Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Re: get rest -- I agree with Alan!

Posted by Nancy S. on 2/19/00 at 00:00 (016045)

Barb, I do know how hard it is to give up something you love, because I've had to do it myself (hopefullly temporarily) -- but I have to agree with Alan, I think you are playing with fire. If I had rested and taken the best care of my PF foot 1 or 2 months into the problem, I might well be back on my feet now. Instead I kept going, and now it is 10 months, and there is no doubt that I made the PF worse by waiting 8 months before starting to give it serious rest. The problem is, if you keep running, I fear you won't be living with 'just this amount of pain.' It gets worse, because you continue to reinjure it. Now is the time to take care of it and nip it, not wait until it is worse and much harder to heal. As Alan says, you'll find this to be true in the stories all over this message board -- and Scott himself mentions REST, among all the other many treatments to try, as the top second thing that helped him. Please reconsider for your own sake. --Nancy S.