Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

To BJC: What exactly is thickened fascia? eom

Posted by Helene M on 2/19/00 at 00:00 (016066)

Re: To BJC: What exactly is thickened fascia? eom

BJC on 2/20/00 at 00:00 (016099)

Fascia is a relatively thin connective tissue. In my case it was thicker than usual - can't tell you more than that. I did have several foot injuries in the past, which may or may not have contributed to that, but then, why have I developed PF in my left foot? Lots of questions that no one can answer. I guess the thickened fascia is better than saying, 'gee, there was nothing wrong with your foot structurally'. I've had that happen before! P.S. Surgery recovery continues to go well.

Re: To BJC: What exactly is thickened fascia? eom

BJC on 2/20/00 at 00:00 (016099)

Fascia is a relatively thin connective tissue. In my case it was thicker than usual - can't tell you more than that. I did have several foot injuries in the past, which may or may not have contributed to that, but then, why have I developed PF in my left foot? Lots of questions that no one can answer. I guess the thickened fascia is better than saying, 'gee, there was nothing wrong with your foot structurally'. I've had that happen before! P.S. Surgery recovery continues to go well.