Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

B-6 maybe beneficial, too early to tell yet but just one night my carpel tunnel syndrome is in remission.. (similar results for PF I suspect...)

Posted by dang dave on 2/20/00 at 00:00 (016074)

I may be annoying people talking about Carpel Tunnel, but I find the pain and symptoms at the upper extremities to be similar with those of the lower extremities as in PF.

As I've said I am working full time rigorously on my feet and seem to be doing okay but with little reminders to keep my feet in shape... usually at the end of the week I can feel tension and a twinge of pain in the PF area... but a good night's sleep and those stretches and bindings I've developed put PF at a distance now... and I can run walk my usual 2 or 3 miles after work if I am in the mood or the weather is right... (usually 4 times a week...) so in all respects I could said to be mostly 'cured'...

at the store I bought that general multivitamin Centrex that an older woman friend endorses as she is a very busy lady with several vices and a bit long in the tooth but still works whirewinds around most of us... (she smokes and drinks and is the town clerk and is a grandmother and yet seems okay... and she swears by her vitimins....) I usually don't seem to feel anything after a multivitimin but I noted that this one has a moderate dosage of B-6 with a long list of other ones... and surprising even after crosscountry skiing with poles (which often activates my carpel tunnel syndrome esp after a week of 'nail banging') my hands and wrist almost immediately lost the annoying pain I've had in the last few nights.... The dosage of B-6 is 100 milligrams... and I also felt some of that tingling some people complained about.... which could be attributed to niacin too...

despite my progress I didn't have a good night's sleep as I may have caught a bug and also ate what I feel now wasn't good meat last night as my favorite 'organic' brand wasn't available. But no carpel tunnel syndrome today, hmmm...?

also if anyone knows of a carpel tunnel syndrome forum let me know, please, so I can stop annoying some of us here....

Re: B-6 maybe beneficial, too early to tell yet but just one night my carpel tunnel syndrome is in remission.. (similar results for PF I suspect...)

alan k on 2/20/00 at 00:00 (016078)

I am never sure how to distinguish percieved effects from real ones when it comes to dietary matters. Anyway, please keep us informed when you have a more substantial idea of whether the B-6 is helping.

One days niacin is not likely to cause tingling, and this may be an effect of nerve entrapment in the carpal tunnel.

Please realize that many board members are also cts sufferers and there may be a connection to footpain not limited to a common predisposition to the conditions. In my opinion it is not wasting anyone's time to compare strategies for coping with pain in the extremities.

alan k

alan k

Re: B-6 maybe beneficial, too early to tell yet but just one night my carpel tunnel syndrome is in remission.. (similar results for PF I suspect...)

alan k on 2/20/00 at 00:00 (016078)

I am never sure how to distinguish percieved effects from real ones when it comes to dietary matters. Anyway, please keep us informed when you have a more substantial idea of whether the B-6 is helping.

One days niacin is not likely to cause tingling, and this may be an effect of nerve entrapment in the carpal tunnel.

Please realize that many board members are also cts sufferers and there may be a connection to footpain not limited to a common predisposition to the conditions. In my opinion it is not wasting anyone's time to compare strategies for coping with pain in the extremities.

alan k

alan k