Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

B6 or something else?

Posted by wendyn on 2/20/00 at 00:00 (016089)

Dave, I might be grasping at straws here...but I'd be willing to bet that the multivitamin you're using also has B12. Could it be possible that you are seeing improvement from that? I think the only way you would know for sure is if you took one type of vitamin at a time......just a thought though - it may or may not be the B6.

Re: B6 or something else?

john h on 2/20/00 at 00:00 (016093)

i have been reading a lot about B-6 lately at various locations on the web. there are a lot of papers written in support of B-6 as a remedy for CTS. Some (a Dr.) says outright he can cure it with B-6. He suggest 200mg a day and does note you can overdose on B-6 but that it is well beyond 200mg a day. B-6 is also purported to help calm your nerves down and recommended for PMS. My multi which i recently started taking has 100mg B6. My wife has been taking pyridoxine for years which was prescribed by her doctor. i just discovered that this is simply B-6.

Re: B6 or something else?

john h on 2/20/00 at 00:00 (016093)

i have been reading a lot about B-6 lately at various locations on the web. there are a lot of papers written in support of B-6 as a remedy for CTS. Some (a Dr.) says outright he can cure it with B-6. He suggest 200mg a day and does note you can overdose on B-6 but that it is well beyond 200mg a day. B-6 is also purported to help calm your nerves down and recommended for PMS. My multi which i recently started taking has 100mg B6. My wife has been taking pyridoxine for years which was prescribed by her doctor. i just discovered that this is simply B-6.