Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Re: Good info Alan K., Now, regarding the Prostretch 2?

Posted by Kim B. on 2/20/00 at 00:00 (016116)

Ok, Thanks so much for the input, that is a big help!

Now, can I gather from what you say regarding the weight bearing aspect that you would advise staying away from the 'prostretch 2' which, from what I gather would allow me to stretch both calfs at the same time. What you are saying is that I can modulate the amount of weight bearing with the planted foot, so for that reason, it might be best for me to use the single prostretch. Do I understand correctly?

Regards, Kim B.

P.S. Scott's link has the Prostretch for $5 less expensive.

alan k on 2/21/00 at 00:00 (016121)

Actually I hadn't thought of that. Good point! Yes the prostretch 2 would be more dicey and should only be used where you can get two good hand holds (a sturdy heavy chair that wont tip and a table, say).

The ps2 does allow a few more exersizes involving various foot assisted stretches which I can't remember now, but something like keeping one foot in the stretcher position and the other to tip the thing in one direction or the other, I think maybe calf raised and ball of foot pressing in the back to tip the thing up more for the other foot.

For the least weight bearing the ps1 should be fine, and for additional training maybe the ps2 is a tiny bit more versatile (but I never used it). If money is an issue I would just get the ps1, it works fine. If not, you can still do the ps1 exercises on a ps2 simply by only using one of the footholds, so with the ps2 you have all your bases covered except money.

alan k

alan k on 2/21/00 at 00:00 (016121)

Actually I hadn't thought of that. Good point! Yes the prostretch 2 would be more dicey and should only be used where you can get two good hand holds (a sturdy heavy chair that wont tip and a table, say).

The ps2 does allow a few more exersizes involving various foot assisted stretches which I can't remember now, but something like keeping one foot in the stretcher position and the other to tip the thing in one direction or the other, I think maybe calf raised and ball of foot pressing in the back to tip the thing up more for the other foot.

For the least weight bearing the ps1 should be fine, and for additional training maybe the ps2 is a tiny bit more versatile (but I never used it). If money is an issue I would just get the ps1, it works fine. If not, you can still do the ps1 exercises on a ps2 simply by only using one of the footholds, so with the ps2 you have all your bases covered except money.

alan k