Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

I found something that worked for me!!!!!!!

Posted by Kathy H (from Houston) on 2/20/00 at 00:00 (016117)

Hi! I have had PF for almost 2 years from over doing it at the gym. The pain began going to my knees and I was getting very depressed about being 23 and not being able to run around like I should. I tried all the conservative things like ice, heat, tape, pain meds, ultrasound, rest, custom night splints, custom and non-custom orthotics and more. I am not overweight but do have very high arches that predisposed me to get this horrible thing we call PF.

Anyway, I have been to a total of 8 physicians in my suffering and finally found a very caring, empathetic one who has treated me like I was the first doctor I saw for this problem. He prescribed Celebrex, 200mg, one a day and a good pair of orthotics. Celebrex is a new anti-inflammatory drug that is primarily used for arthritis but is now being used more widely for other things. I know I sound like a drug rep but I am just a college student desperate to get this out of my life.

One week after taking the celebrex and going into this new doctor with a very positive outlook and I am on my way to being pain free. There are still days of minor pain but nothing like before. I am on my feet almost all of the day at work so minor pain is understandable.

I still use an ice pack to relieve pain on the spot which helps too but I am ready to throw it away soon! The poditrist I saw even fitted me himself for the orthotics I am getting in another week or so. I have tried many orthotics and spent much money on them so hopefully this new pair will help keep my pain down.

It may not work for everyone and the pain may come back but hopefully with the combination of 1) an optimistic outlook, 2) Celebrex, 3) a great pair of properly fitted orthotics and 4) an DR with a good bedside manner and knowledge, I am going to kick this thing.

Please email me if you have any questions about my email. Trust me - I feel your pain!

-Kathy

Re: I found some info

Kim B. on 3/03/00 at 00:00 (016871)

Hi MaryAnn O,

I looked up Neuroma and it means tumor. Which are often benign, so don't freak out. Note that Nancy M. has had several removed. Could your chiropractor have said Interdigital Neurlagia? Or something else perhaps?

I couldn't find Interdigital, but Interdigitation means [digitus, fingers] 1. Interlocking of toothed or fingerlike processes. 2. Processes so interlocked.

Neuralgia means pain along the path of a nerve.

Neuritis is inflamation of a nerve or nerves

Morton's disease is Neuralgia of the metatarus.

Morton's neuralgia is of joint of 3rd and 4th toes.

I got this out of an old (1964) Taber's Medical Encyclopedia

If it doesn't confuse you worse, I hope this helps you figure things out. Kim B.

Nancy M on 3/03/00 at 00:00 (016877)

You can also find info on motrons neuroma if you go to the search engine and type in foot neuroma.

Kim B. on 3/03/00 at 00:00 (016871)

Hi MaryAnn O,

I looked up Neuroma and it means tumor. Which are often benign, so don't freak out. Note that Nancy M. has had several removed. Could your chiropractor have said Interdigital Neurlagia? Or something else perhaps?

I couldn't find Interdigital, but Interdigitation means [digitus, fingers] 1. Interlocking of toothed or fingerlike processes. 2. Processes so interlocked.

Neuralgia means pain along the path of a nerve.

Neuritis is inflamation of a nerve or nerves

Morton's disease is Neuralgia of the metatarus.

Morton's neuralgia is of joint of 3rd and 4th toes.

I got this out of an old (1964) Taber's Medical Encyclopedia

If it doesn't confuse you worse, I hope this helps you figure things out. Kim B.

Nancy M on 3/03/00 at 00:00 (016877)

You can also find info on motrons neuroma if you go to the search engine and type in foot neuroma.