Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

To Laurie: Shot Help?

Posted by Lucy M on 2/21/00 at 00:00 (016144)

Hey Laurie. I was just wondering how you're doing and if your shot ended up giving you any relief. I certainly hope it did.
Take Care, Lucy

Re: To Laurie: Shot Help?re Lucy

Laurie R on 2/21/00 at 00:00 (016147)

Hi Lucy,Thank you so much for asking.I posted all about the shot maybe you missed it.Anyways First of all I am a big chicken just the thought of a needle in my foot was making me sick but I knew I had to try because I have been in so much pain. Well my podiatrist sprayed this stuff on my foot and it numbed it so I did not feel the cortisone shot at all.Can you belive it?So my fear was gone thank god.Well my foot stayed numb for 4 hours and than all the pain was back.I will say it did come back slow,It was worth it to be out of pain for only 4 hours,sounds funny but it did feel good.He did say if it did not work he was going to give me other one in 2 weeks I will try it again.I still have hope .Something is going to help me and all of you.Also he did say I have TTS so he is going to put me in a air cast ,now I am in a walking cast which is not helping because my foot moves to much.We will see.

How are you doing?Thanks again for asking how it went....Laurie R

Re: To Laurie: Shot Help?re Lucy

Laurie R on 2/21/00 at 00:00 (016147)

Hi Lucy,Thank you so much for asking.I posted all about the shot maybe you missed it.Anyways First of all I am a big chicken just the thought of a needle in my foot was making me sick but I knew I had to try because I have been in so much pain. Well my podiatrist sprayed this stuff on my foot and it numbed it so I did not feel the cortisone shot at all.Can you belive it?So my fear was gone thank god.Well my foot stayed numb for 4 hours and than all the pain was back.I will say it did come back slow,It was worth it to be out of pain for only 4 hours,sounds funny but it did feel good.He did say if it did not work he was going to give me other one in 2 weeks I will try it again.I still have hope .Something is going to help me and all of you.Also he did say I have TTS so he is going to put me in a air cast ,now I am in a walking cast which is not helping because my foot moves to much.We will see.

How are you doing?Thanks again for asking how it went....Laurie R