Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Re: John's comments

Posted by Kim B. on 2/21/00 at 00:00 (016156)

I have Fibromyalgia, IBS, PF/Heelspurs and I am not a sulfur drug user. I, for one, do not tolerate sulfur based drugs and avoid them when possible. The few times they have been inadvertantly given, I have gotten horribly ill. I'll spare you the details, but it isn't pretty. Maybe it's that I already have too much in my body,if there is such a factor.

I can't help you in blaming anti-inflammatories for hindering the body's ability to repair muscles, tendons and ligament either, though I do share that problem. Because of my IBS, I have rarely been able to tolerate anti-inflammatory meds over the years, and have only began taking the Vioxx recently, and I take it sparingly. It is much easier on the stomach. Maybe I need to increase the dose to get a better result in the way of pain relief. I'll talk to the doc about that when I can.

Thanks for the input, it does give me something to think about. I'll have to look into the Asacol you mentioned.

Regards, Kim B.