Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Still pain free...

Posted by Lee M. on 2/22/00 at 00:00 (016176)

Haven't been here for awhile. My heel spur pain is still gone.
I've been pain free for about 6 months. I am basically back to normal. I had my pf for approx. 2 years.
I had 4-5 doctors,2 sets of custom orthodics, hundreds of dollars spent on over the counter orthodics and other ointments, etc.
I tried chiropractic, herbs, vitamins, taping, cortisone,anti-inflamms,ice, stretching. Just about everything on this board short of surgery and the ossatron.
My last ditch effort before surgery was a physical therapist. 3 x a week for 2 + months. (ultrasound, ice/hot soaks, 20-30 minutes of massage) Also I did alot of massage at home to speed the process. Foot has been healed ever since.
I hope this information might help someone. I am a new person without the constant pain. Good luck to everyone.

Re: Still pain free...

Nancy S. on 2/22/00 at 00:00 (016177)

Hi Lee M., that is a heartening story you have there! So do you feel strongly that it was the physical therapy that cured you? And could you describe in any detail exactly where and how you massaged? Thank you, and congratulations. --Nancy S.

salina on 2/22/00 at 00:00 (016184)

I, too, would like to know what kind of massage and how it is done. I go for physical therapy pretty soon, and am worried because my arches hurt when even pressed on at all. I try to massage my feet myself several times a day, just because it feels good, but I know it isn't actually doing anything for my PF because I can't get near the area I need to.
Is this normal for PF? Or am I just being a pansy and need to toughen up? I am scared the physical therapist is going to mess me up worse than I am now.
Glad to hear you are doing better. It was nice of you to post. When I woke up this morning and went to this site, it made my day to hear of someone who beat this thing. It gives hope. Thanks.

KarenK on 2/22/00 at 00:00 (016197)

I haven't posted on this board for quite awhile. I have also been virtually pain-free due to deep tissue massage both in my feet and in the calf muscles.
I can't stretch in the a.m. before getting out of bed. My bladder won't let me. I can walk fairly normally to the bathroom and then do some stretches.
I stretch off and on all day, sometimes just sitting at my desk and stretching my leg trying to extend the heel as much as possible to stretch the back of the leg.
I don't call myself cured because I still have times after being on my feet a lot that I need to rest, stretch, massage etc. but my feet are not first and foremost on my mind. That's a first!!
My improvement is based on three things, birkenstock, new balance and massage/stretching.

Nancy S. on 2/22/00 at 00:00 (016177)

Hi Lee M., that is a heartening story you have there! So do you feel strongly that it was the physical therapy that cured you? And could you describe in any detail exactly where and how you massaged? Thank you, and congratulations. --Nancy S.

salina on 2/22/00 at 00:00 (016184)

I, too, would like to know what kind of massage and how it is done. I go for physical therapy pretty soon, and am worried because my arches hurt when even pressed on at all. I try to massage my feet myself several times a day, just because it feels good, but I know it isn't actually doing anything for my PF because I can't get near the area I need to.
Is this normal for PF? Or am I just being a pansy and need to toughen up? I am scared the physical therapist is going to mess me up worse than I am now.
Glad to hear you are doing better. It was nice of you to post. When I woke up this morning and went to this site, it made my day to hear of someone who beat this thing. It gives hope. Thanks.

KarenK on 2/22/00 at 00:00 (016197)

I haven't posted on this board for quite awhile. I have also been virtually pain-free due to deep tissue massage both in my feet and in the calf muscles.
I can't stretch in the a.m. before getting out of bed. My bladder won't let me. I can walk fairly normally to the bathroom and then do some stretches.
I stretch off and on all day, sometimes just sitting at my desk and stretching my leg trying to extend the heel as much as possible to stretch the back of the leg.
I don't call myself cured because I still have times after being on my feet a lot that I need to rest, stretch, massage etc. but my feet are not first and foremost on my mind. That's a first!!
My improvement is based on three things, birkenstock, new balance and massage/stretching.