Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

4-1/2 weeks post-op and To Laurie

Posted by Lucy M on 2/22/00 at 00:00 (016192)

Hi, I'm glad you were out of pain for 4 hours anyway. Hopefully it ends up giving you some more relief. The first 2 shots I had kept me out of pain for a few months each. These 2 were done by my regular pod and didn't hurt at all. The 3rd shot I had was done by another pod (my regular one was busy that day) and I literally jumped out of the chair. Part of that problem was I wasn't expecting it to hurt. Anyhow, that shot didn't really do that much. If I'm not mistaken, I believe that sometimes after you've had a few they might not work as well. But also, I'm wondering if the shot didn't get exactly in the correct spot if it might not work as well.

It's 4-1/2 since my EPF now. The PF pain is still gone and it's wonderful. As I've mentioned before I'm having some nerve pain in the bottom of my foot. The nerve is tight but we're working on it in physical therapy - hopefully it'll loosen up. The inside incision seems to be connected to that nerve so it's sore, but the outside incision doesn't hurt at all. What's bothering me the most is that my wrist is still popping from the intersection syndrome (from the crutches). Looks like I've caught another nasty inflammation problem. But I'll give it time & rest and wait & see.

Take Care...Lucy

Re: 4-1/2 weeks post-op and To Laurie re Lucy

Laurie R on 2/22/00 at 00:00 (016221)

Hello Lucy,
I hope your wrist gets better soon.If its not one thing its other.So over all it sounds like your surgery went well that is so good to hear.Now you said you had three shots,the first two didn't hurt you and worked and than you said the third one hurt alot? Where did the podiatrist inject you?Do you have TTS also?I got my shot in the tarsel tunnel just under my ankle.I understand it is very different pain wise where they inject you.Now you have me scared about getting other one.I think it will be ok if he injects it in the same spot......Hope you continue to do well.Laurie R

Re: 4-1/2 weeks post-op and To Laurie re Laurie

Lucy M on 2/23/00 at 00:00 (016239)

Hi Laurie, I certainly didn't mean to scare you. I was just trying to say that if the area of the injection is off a bit maybe it doesn't work as well. I'm not sure about this, just an idea. I don't have TTS. My shots were in the heel for PF. The area where the needle was put in was the inside of my heel, so when the needle was pushed in deep it would end up at the spot where my heel was hurting. This needle went in rather deep. As I understand the injections for TTS don't go as deep. (Please correct me if I'm wrong). And the reason why that 3rd shot hurt so much is because the doctor who did that one didn't go nearly as slow and it was too much at once. Also, like I said, I wasn't expecting any pain at all so it probably shocked me more than anything. And my opinion is that I'm willing to put up with the needle, even if it hurts, if it will relieve the PF pain and let me walk without hobbling, at least for awhile. Good luck with your next shot if you decide to get it. I hope it helps you out.
Take Care Lucy

Re: 4-1/2 weeks post-op and To Laurie re Lucy

Laurie R on 2/22/00 at 00:00 (016221)

Hello Lucy,
I hope your wrist gets better soon.If its not one thing its other.So over all it sounds like your surgery went well that is so good to hear.Now you said you had three shots,the first two didn't hurt you and worked and than you said the third one hurt alot? Where did the podiatrist inject you?Do you have TTS also?I got my shot in the tarsel tunnel just under my ankle.I understand it is very different pain wise where they inject you.Now you have me scared about getting other one.I think it will be ok if he injects it in the same spot......Hope you continue to do well.Laurie R

Re: 4-1/2 weeks post-op and To Laurie re Laurie

Lucy M on 2/23/00 at 00:00 (016239)

Hi Laurie, I certainly didn't mean to scare you. I was just trying to say that if the area of the injection is off a bit maybe it doesn't work as well. I'm not sure about this, just an idea. I don't have TTS. My shots were in the heel for PF. The area where the needle was put in was the inside of my heel, so when the needle was pushed in deep it would end up at the spot where my heel was hurting. This needle went in rather deep. As I understand the injections for TTS don't go as deep. (Please correct me if I'm wrong). And the reason why that 3rd shot hurt so much is because the doctor who did that one didn't go nearly as slow and it was too much at once. Also, like I said, I wasn't expecting any pain at all so it probably shocked me more than anything. And my opinion is that I'm willing to put up with the needle, even if it hurts, if it will relieve the PF pain and let me walk without hobbling, at least for awhile. Good luck with your next shot if you decide to get it. I hope it helps you out.
Take Care Lucy