Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

The ROMANCE period of exercise

Posted by alan k on 2/23/00 at 00:00 (016242)

Salina,

I hope to get going in a couple weeks. You might notice that when you start an exercise program a period of exitement ensues when you re-establish connection to your body, and to muscles you haven't been dwelling in. For feet it might be different because they are so distant from the parts of the body (head, breast, and gut) which we identify with more typically. That is (one of the reasons) why it is important in the foot exercising to incorporate foot exercise into total body exercise. It will get the romance with your body going. There are also bio-mechanical reasons why foot exercise MUST be intergrated with the rest of your body, because that's just how the body works. But the romance stage can be a great help in keeping up the program. After the romance changes, of course it is more like marraige and takes commitment. The good news is there are many things that can be done with the Versatile Foot Exerciser that don't require alot of attention and can be done rather mindlessly and so won't feel like discipline at all. However, for best results the mindful total-body, total-mind exercises should probably also be done at other times.
I will provide full explanations and instructions with the Footmonkey. Also see my note about message below.

alan k

Re: The ROMANCE period of exercise

salina on 2/23/00 at 00:00 (016265)

I have always been an 'exerciser'. Not an athlete, or health nut, but have always enjoyed exercising. But I have never spent two seconds thinking of exercising ANY part of my feet. Until this. Even during stretches, I never thought about the need to stretch my feet. A lot of people buy equipment and then it collects dust. But I tend to actually be more motivated if I have something specifically for the area I am trying to work. If I am left with a towel and some marbles, I am afraid it will go to the wayside. The towel will hang back on the rack and the marbles will fall prey to the kids. But an actual exerciser and stretcher for my feet will be a reminder of what I need to be doing on a regular basis.
And about the foot flex, I started feeling it in my big toe also. I am giving it a rest and then wil try it with the big toe hanging off to the side. thanks

Re: The ROMANCE period of exercise

salina on 2/23/00 at 00:00 (016265)

I have always been an 'exerciser'. Not an athlete, or health nut, but have always enjoyed exercising. But I have never spent two seconds thinking of exercising ANY part of my feet. Until this. Even during stretches, I never thought about the need to stretch my feet. A lot of people buy equipment and then it collects dust. But I tend to actually be more motivated if I have something specifically for the area I am trying to work. If I am left with a towel and some marbles, I am afraid it will go to the wayside. The towel will hang back on the rack and the marbles will fall prey to the kids. But an actual exerciser and stretcher for my feet will be a reminder of what I need to be doing on a regular basis.
And about the foot flex, I started feeling it in my big toe also. I am giving it a rest and then wil try it with the big toe hanging off to the side. thanks