Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Ossatron Gang

Posted by Trish on 2/23/00 at 00:00 (016249)

So, people...........how did it go?????????? I thought of you many times yesterday and prayed for you!! Please keep us posted.
eswt

Re: Ossatron Gang

Scott R on 2/23/00 at 00:00 (016251)

We haven't posted because we just got back yesterday and I'm sure we're all busy doing things. Most of us are probably hurting at least a little and that doesn't make one want to post. I'm sure you'll hear much from us soon. Mine hurts today, 24 hours after the treatment, but the treatment itself didn't hardly hurt. That's how it was for most of us. But I think it was painful for a couple during the treatment. After the pain killer wears off, it starts hurting. I'm not taking anything for pain, because it's not too bad. I'm sure we all have swelling and some bone pain today and this will probably last a few days. I talked to most everybody, and I think this is a fairly accurate summary.
eswt

MattL on 2/23/00 at 00:00 (016252)

Scott's experience to date is consistent with mine- procedure was not painful for me. Today minor/moderate 'bruised' type pain with slight swelling. Haven't had to take any pain medications. At work as normal. Just trying to limit my walking for a couple of days. Having gone through two foot surgeries on the other foot and there is no comparison as far as pain.
eswt

GinaC on 2/23/00 at 00:00 (016255)

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers. I found the numbing injections more painful than the treatment itself, which was tolerable. Last night my heel was somewhat swollen and I had quite a bit of pain. Today, there is less swelling but the heel looks as if it has 'broken' blisters from the treatment, but no bruising. Am taking Tylenol for pain which is still fairly severe (worse than PF pain)and would take something stronger if I had it! Everyone in Toronto was very nice, but I'm glad to be home, especially since dear hubby let our sheltie Penny sleep in my spot in bed the one night I was gone!! Anyway, now the hard part: being patient and waiting to heal.
eswt

Helen on 2/23/00 at 00:00 (016275)

I found the Ossatron treatment yesterday in Toronto to be quite painful. But I had Dr. Gallea and he is very compassionate. He agreed to do both my feet. There was quite a bit of pain in my left foot during the treatment, because for some reason the freezing didn't take very well in that foot. It felt a bit like someone hitting my heel with a broom handle. After the treatment I felt ok, until the evening when the intense heel pain started in both feet. Today I am sore but am trying to walk without limping. Dr. Gallea said that walking is important - not to stay completely off my feet. He also gave me two calf stretches to do. I have been VERY tired today - probably from the treatment and the freezing injections. Anyone else feel very exhausted post Ossatron? It was great meeting all the Americans -- I am the one local Toronto person who benefited from the free treatment. Thanks again to Scott and to John W. for arranging this.

Helen

eswt

Re: Ossatron Gang RE To All ossatron gang

Laurie R on 2/23/00 at 00:00 (016280)

Hello to all,

I am so glad everything went well for all of you.Now do you go and have other treatment or is that it?Sometimes the healing is worst than the problem.We all have been thinking about you all.Take care and keep us posted........Laurie R
eswt

Martha B. on 2/23/00 at 00:00 (016286)

I too felt fatigue post ossatron and I had a bad headache the next day. Do you think it had anything to do with our (my) apprehension and anticipation prior to the treatment? The injections didnt bother
me but the last 3 minutes of the actual procedure was AWFULLY painful.Both feet at the same time had to have been tough.I am 85-90% improved and hopefully all of you will be the same.Do those stretches faithfully.
eswt

Scott R on 2/23/00 at 00:00 (016251)

We haven't posted because we just got back yesterday and I'm sure we're all busy doing things. Most of us are probably hurting at least a little and that doesn't make one want to post. I'm sure you'll hear much from us soon. Mine hurts today, 24 hours after the treatment, but the treatment itself didn't hardly hurt. That's how it was for most of us. But I think it was painful for a couple during the treatment. After the pain killer wears off, it starts hurting. I'm not taking anything for pain, because it's not too bad. I'm sure we all have swelling and some bone pain today and this will probably last a few days. I talked to most everybody, and I think this is a fairly accurate summary.
eswt

MattL on 2/23/00 at 00:00 (016252)

Scott's experience to date is consistent with mine- procedure was not painful for me. Today minor/moderate 'bruised' type pain with slight swelling. Haven't had to take any pain medications. At work as normal. Just trying to limit my walking for a couple of days. Having gone through two foot surgeries on the other foot and there is no comparison as far as pain.
eswt

GinaC on 2/23/00 at 00:00 (016255)

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers. I found the numbing injections more painful than the treatment itself, which was tolerable. Last night my heel was somewhat swollen and I had quite a bit of pain. Today, there is less swelling but the heel looks as if it has 'broken' blisters from the treatment, but no bruising. Am taking Tylenol for pain which is still fairly severe (worse than PF pain)and would take something stronger if I had it! Everyone in Toronto was very nice, but I'm glad to be home, especially since dear hubby let our sheltie Penny sleep in my spot in bed the one night I was gone!! Anyway, now the hard part: being patient and waiting to heal.
eswt

Helen on 2/23/00 at 00:00 (016275)

I found the Ossatron treatment yesterday in Toronto to be quite painful. But I had Dr. Gallea and he is very compassionate. He agreed to do both my feet. There was quite a bit of pain in my left foot during the treatment, because for some reason the freezing didn't take very well in that foot. It felt a bit like someone hitting my heel with a broom handle. After the treatment I felt ok, until the evening when the intense heel pain started in both feet. Today I am sore but am trying to walk without limping. Dr. Gallea said that walking is important - not to stay completely off my feet. He also gave me two calf stretches to do. I have been VERY tired today - probably from the treatment and the freezing injections. Anyone else feel very exhausted post Ossatron? It was great meeting all the Americans -- I am the one local Toronto person who benefited from the free treatment. Thanks again to Scott and to John W. for arranging this.

Helen

eswt

Re: Ossatron Gang RE To All ossatron gang

Laurie R on 2/23/00 at 00:00 (016280)

Hello to all,

I am so glad everything went well for all of you.Now do you go and have other treatment or is that it?Sometimes the healing is worst than the problem.We all have been thinking about you all.Take care and keep us posted........Laurie R
eswt

Martha B. on 2/23/00 at 00:00 (016286)

I too felt fatigue post ossatron and I had a bad headache the next day. Do you think it had anything to do with our (my) apprehension and anticipation prior to the treatment? The injections didnt bother
me but the last 3 minutes of the actual procedure was AWFULLY painful.Both feet at the same time had to have been tough.I am 85-90% improved and hopefully all of you will be the same.Do those stretches faithfully.
eswt