Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Follow up appointment...3 months post op!

Posted by Colleen G on 2/23/00 at 00:00 (016264)

I went to my DPM last night for a three month follow up. Several weeks ago I had to go back because I was in severe pain. He gave me a cortizone injection to 'speed healing'

At this point I have virtually no pain. (Coritzone shots in the past did not give me any relief) I haveA little discomfort by the end of the day. He said that I am right on track. My heel is feeling very soft. Virtually no inflammation. He said that the anti inflammatory helped the surgical inflammation come down and help with the healing process. My ankle is also feeling better. I am also no longer walking on the outside of my foot.

I do have a burning sensation in my toes. He said that it is due to the nerves in my foot regenerating and that within a few months that it will go away. I also feel a ripping sensation in my arch which scared the hell out of me. My doctor knew exactly where it was. HE pushed on it and asked me if it hurt. He said that it is the fascia restretching itself because when the release is done it shortens the fascia. THat will also go away within two months probably.

If I had to rate my pain now I would rate it a 2. I am on my feet 10 hours a day and do a lot of lifting, so I think that I am on my way to getting better :) Good luck to everyone else. I'll keep you in my thoughts.

Re: Follow up appointment...3 months post op!

salina on 2/23/00 at 00:00 (016267)

Colleen, please be careful about that twinge or pulling feeling in the arch. Just please take it easy and do not ignore it. I am a newcomer to this PF business. But for about three or four years prior to getting this, I would get the pulling feeling in my arches. I would just put on more comfortable shoes and keep going. Sometimes go for weeks, even mos without feeling it. But it was always there. Now I think if I had paid attention to it, I would not have gotten this fullblown case of PF. I know you have been through so much, and surgery and all, which I have been through none of. So I am sure the doctor was correct when he said it was your fascia having to restretch itself. But I think that was pretty much what my fascia was doing also. Trying to heal and stretch, etc and I just kept going. So please rest and enjoy your 'no pain' status.

Re: Follow up appointment...3 months post op!RE Colleen

Laurie R on 2/23/00 at 00:00 (016285)

Hi Colleen,
Boy it sounds like you have had such a hard time but you also sound like you are on your way to getting better.The thing I thought was funny ,(not Ha Ha funny) was you said you had a cortisone before and it didn't work and than you were in alot of pain and your pod gave you other one and the pain is gone?That is so wonderful you sound like you have made a good recovery. Best of luck to you......please keep us posted....Laurie R

Re: Follow up appointment...3 months post op!

salina on 2/23/00 at 00:00 (016267)

Colleen, please be careful about that twinge or pulling feeling in the arch. Just please take it easy and do not ignore it. I am a newcomer to this PF business. But for about three or four years prior to getting this, I would get the pulling feeling in my arches. I would just put on more comfortable shoes and keep going. Sometimes go for weeks, even mos without feeling it. But it was always there. Now I think if I had paid attention to it, I would not have gotten this fullblown case of PF. I know you have been through so much, and surgery and all, which I have been through none of. So I am sure the doctor was correct when he said it was your fascia having to restretch itself. But I think that was pretty much what my fascia was doing also. Trying to heal and stretch, etc and I just kept going. So please rest and enjoy your 'no pain' status.

Re: Follow up appointment...3 months post op!RE Colleen

Laurie R on 2/23/00 at 00:00 (016285)

Hi Colleen,
Boy it sounds like you have had such a hard time but you also sound like you are on your way to getting better.The thing I thought was funny ,(not Ha Ha funny) was you said you had a cortisone before and it didn't work and than you were in alot of pain and your pod gave you other one and the pain is gone?That is so wonderful you sound like you have made a good recovery. Best of luck to you......please keep us posted....Laurie R