Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

footflex

Posted by alan k on 2/23/00 at 00:00 (016277)

I don't bother with the footflex anymore because of the toe thing.

alan k

Re: footflex

alan k on 2/18/00 at 00:00 (016008)

I recommend being careful with the footflex. Of course, it is so simple it doesn't seem worth the money, but the point really is the idea behind it and the benefits to your feet. However, whether or not the idea is good is a proof that's in the pudding. I and other people have found that footflex can produce a pain on the ball of the foot under the big toe, which often gets interpreted as 'that's part of my pf problem.' If you feel this pain developing under the toe, discontinue use. For a while, I let my big toe hang off the footflex so that it wasn't overstretched and that worked out ok, until I decided to build a better mouse trap myself. I don't recommend buying footflex but if you are using it, to be careful with the big toe.

alan k

Susan S on 2/18/00 at 00:00 (016013)

I have used the footflex and didn't have a problem with it. Be sure to follow directions and feel the stretch in the appropriate areas and don't stretch too much too fast

alan k on 2/18/00 at 00:00 (016008)

I recommend being careful with the footflex. Of course, it is so simple it doesn't seem worth the money, but the point really is the idea behind it and the benefits to your feet. However, whether or not the idea is good is a proof that's in the pudding. I and other people have found that footflex can produce a pain on the ball of the foot under the big toe, which often gets interpreted as 'that's part of my pf problem.' If you feel this pain developing under the toe, discontinue use. For a while, I let my big toe hang off the footflex so that it wasn't overstretched and that worked out ok, until I decided to build a better mouse trap myself. I don't recommend buying footflex but if you are using it, to be careful with the big toe.

alan k

Susan S on 2/18/00 at 00:00 (016013)

I have used the footflex and didn't have a problem with it. Be sure to follow directions and feel the stretch in the appropriate areas and don't stretch too much too fast