Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

plantar faciitis

Posted by Cheryl on 2/23/00 at 00:00 (016292)

Hi I was diagnosed with p f last September after the whole sumer of trying to fix it myself. Since I've had cortizone shots, rest, x-rays motrin, night cast and day cast and I am not any better the only thing that works is ice.. Monday the 28th of February I see a orthopedic surgeon...11 years ago I had vascular surgery on the same leg i have heel pain in... The Pod. says it does not have any connection...I'm questionable since I have nerve damage on my ankle... My question is what tests should I ask about getting MRI, blood??? I'm 43 not overweight and until last fall pretty active
posted to the eswt board

Re: plantar faciitis

David L on 2/24/00 at 00:00 (016329)

As far as tests go, it's basically whatever the doctors feels is necessary to determine your condition(s). You've obviously tried lots of things. Have your tried ESWT? It's something you may wish to consider if the doctor diagnoses you with something that ESWT can treat. It worked very well on my PF.
I'd wait and see what the diagnosis is, then look at forms of treatment.
Regards,
David
posted to the eswt board

Re: plantar faciitis

David L on 2/24/00 at 00:00 (016329)

As far as tests go, it's basically whatever the doctors feels is necessary to determine your condition(s). You've obviously tried lots of things. Have your tried ESWT? It's something you may wish to consider if the doctor diagnoses you with something that ESWT can treat. It worked very well on my PF.
I'd wait and see what the diagnosis is, then look at forms of treatment.
Regards,
David
posted to the eswt board