Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Re: best thing(s) about this site

Posted by Nancy S. on 2/23/00 at 00:00 (016294)

Laurie, I would say the same things you did that are best about this site -- also, Scott updates it all the time; it is a real library, with a lot of humanity thrown in. In addition to the fact that I hope and think my foot is gradually getting better, it is because of this site, and Alan K in particular, that I got started on the yeast-killing diet, which is helping me in many different ways.
In the bigger picture, I have to say that I've fought off all this high-tech stuff for a long time! I've had a lot of doubts about its long-term effects on society in general. And personally I just was afraid it was too . . . well . . . impersonal. My work is in antiques (I have my own business), and I've always loved old stuff and thought I was born in the wrong century, and computers didn't appeal to me. So when my husband went out one night in November to buy some books and came home with this WebTV machine, well, I just about had a stroke. I tried to be a good sport and get oriented to it with him, but I went to bed that night and pulled the covers over my head and wished the machine would be gone in the morning. Little did I know that this machine I hated would hook me up to something that would teach me about my PF, make me feel much less alone with it, and put me on a new path in several good ways. So that is also a good thing about this site -- I can't talk against computers anymore, because I'd be a hypocrite! It's taught me to accept something that I had a blind spot about.
I'm really sorry you lost your job (I thought you were just on leave from it). I am only working at my business, which I love a lot, about a quarter time right now. But soon my 'time off' will have to be over, because we have to have my income too (my husband is self-employed also, so none of our days off are free and we have no benefits) -- so Ill be back at work full-time, foot or no foot. I'm trying to think of new ways to do it so that I won't be on my feet as much as I was, which was practically all the time. Anyway, I hope you get better and can find another good job, Laurie. --Nancy

Re: best thing(s) about this siteRE Nancy S

Laurie R on 2/24/00 at 00:00 (016330)

Hi Nancy,
You had me laughing so hard about the web tv thing.It made me think about when we first got our computer I was so worried that my kids were going to brake it and you quessed it it was me I must of messed this thing up 100 times and have to wait for my husband to come home and fix it.

Your business sounds so neat I have also always loved antiques.I was only on leave when I hurt my foot but when my doctor and I thought I should try to go back part time my big boss told me to look for other job,but he would not fire me because I am on workmans comp and it is against the law he is such a jurk....Anyways it was better I didn't try because now I ended up with TTS also and there is no way I can work right now....

I am always in pain more of the nerve stuff.My foot goes numb and I get thoes shooting pains throw my foot.

Are you still feeling better? I hope so I really like to hear when people are having good days.......Laurie R

Re: best thing(s) about this siteRE Nancy S

Laurie R on 2/24/00 at 00:00 (016330)

Hi Nancy,
You had me laughing so hard about the web tv thing.It made me think about when we first got our computer I was so worried that my kids were going to brake it and you quessed it it was me I must of messed this thing up 100 times and have to wait for my husband to come home and fix it.

Your business sounds so neat I have also always loved antiques.I was only on leave when I hurt my foot but when my doctor and I thought I should try to go back part time my big boss told me to look for other job,but he would not fire me because I am on workmans comp and it is against the law he is such a jurk....Anyways it was better I didn't try because now I ended up with TTS also and there is no way I can work right now....

I am always in pain more of the nerve stuff.My foot goes numb and I get thoes shooting pains throw my foot.

Are you still feeling better? I hope so I really like to hear when people are having good days.......Laurie R