Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

ESWT done by Dr. Zuckerman (orbasone)

Posted by Dr. Zuckerman on 2/24/00 at 00:00 (016357)

I wanted to wait until after the ossatron trip was over. I would like to wish every one a speedy recovery. I spoke with Scott via e-mail that I was willing to perform four ESWT procedures for heel spur pain, plantar fasciitis pain, Achilles tendonitis pain at no charge.We both agreed that i should wait until after the Toronto trip.

I want to allow the PF suffers a chance to compare the orbasone done by Dr. Zuckerman in the USA. I have performed over thirteen procedure is the last three weeks. The results have been very good. I have had either a complete cure and or drastic relief in all but two patients.
I knew that one of the two would may have a problem since the patient had TTS with PF. I was trying to avoid surgery and this was the choice of the patient. TTS surgery is a long recovery. So post if your are interested in coming to the Philadelphia area. If there is an interest great. If this is the wrong time I will put this off. First let's see the interest. If there is an interest then a I will explain what type of heel pain etc. will reponse to ESWT. Another idea would be to do the other foot if for some reason are PF suffers that only had one foot done the ossatron.

Dr. Z

posted to the eswt board

Re: ESWT done by Dr. Zuckerman (orbasone)

Martha B. on 2/25/00 at 00:00 (016373)

Dr. Z,I might consider having the right foot done as I only had ossatron on the left BUT my untreated foot is doing fine now . Actually my untreated foot had thicker fascia but the left foot was MUCH more painful so we treated that one. Do I need to just leave well enough alone? I certainly dont want to rock the boat but dont want to miss out on anything that would prevent future problems. Thanks.
posted to the eswt board

Beth D. on 2/25/00 at 00:00 (016379)

Dr. Zuckerman,

I am interested in the ESWT treatment you are offering. I was diagnosed last April with PF and TT. I saw a neurologist in August who did the electrode testing for the TT. The results were negative. I don't have the classic first step pain, but the more I walk, the worse my feet feel. Do you do both feet? Do I need any further tests? I have an appt. for next Thursday with a podiatrist. I feel I could ask him for any tests you need. Should he mail you my records? I have had bloodwork done, too. Should I try a cortizone shot before EWST? I live in Tioga County Pa, so am about 5 hours from Philadelphia. Thank you for all the information you've been adding to this message board.

Beth Dillman

my e-mail is: (email removed)
posted to the eswt board

GinaC on 2/25/00 at 00:00 (016396)

I have bilateral PF, with heel spurs in both feet. I received Ossatron treatment in Toronto on 2/22 for my left food, which has always been more painful and severe. The right foot, however, has flared up off and on during the last two years and is presently somewhat painful, but not excruciating. I would like to know what test information or documentation you would need to evaluate me as a candidate for treatment of the right foot. I have not had surgery and have no nerve involvement. Looking forward to hearing from you. Gina email (email removed)
posted to the eswt board

Nicole V.R. on 2/25/00 at 00:00 (016415)

Dr.Z,
Just curious if you will be sponsoring just one treatment per foot or as many as needed, because if I understand correctly, 2 or 3 treatments are usually needed for the Orbasone, compared to only one for the Ossatron. I'm just curious, not interested since I've had the treatment done in Toronto, and only one of my feet needs the ESWT.
posted to the eswt board

Dr. Zuckerman on 2/25/00 at 00:00 (016422)

With the orbasone you usually only need one treatment. This isn't a low energy machine. Most of my patients at this point and time only need one treatment. At this point and time I am only sponsoring one treatment.
posted to the eswt board

Dr. Zuckerman on 2/25/00 at 00:00 (016423)

Let see how the left foot does at this point and time. It might be a good idea to see if you need a second treatment of the left foot.

Dr. Z
posted to the eswt board

alan k on 2/25/00 at 00:00 (016434)

Hi Dr. Zuckerman,

I was the one who egged John W on to do that trip. However, it wasn't planned in a way that was particularly sensitive to us (speaking only for myself not the others who are probably very grateful and appreciative). It was kind of like tossing coins to the paupers. Whoever was in a good spot was alright, if someone got trampled so be it. I only missed out-- I wasn't informed about any pre-requisites unitl the last minute and then because of my poor medical care didn't have the right tests, etc. Another guy on Social sec lost a grand (but maybe got it back with Dr. Gordon's help).

If you plan this you might pick a day that the participants find to be a good one, and then give plenty of time to get ready. A clear stipulation of what you expect from the patient is the most important thing though.

If you can tell me what you require I would be very interested in coming if the tests turn out right. I have a place to stay near there and also it's not far from where I live.

thanks, alan k
posted to the eswt board

Bea on 2/25/00 at 00:00 (016435)

I have a torn achilles heel, achilles tendonitis, bursitis and a heel spur, all in my left heel. Would I be a candidate for your treatment?
posted to the eswt board

Dr. Zuckerman on 2/25/00 at 00:00 (016438)

When you have TTS, the results can be poor (no relief). The dx of TTS is very straight forward. Your podiatist should try one steriod injection. This probaby will only short term, but I have seen long relief. In addition this will help determine if it is PF,

Dr. Z
posted to the eswt board

Dr. Zuckerman on 2/25/00 at 00:00 (016439)

I don't see at this time why would want to do the other foot. There is a good chance that the other foot will stay calm when the left foot get better. I am not eliminating you just giving my personal advice. So stretch, stretch , after you start feeling better.

Dr. Z
posted to the eswt board

Rosalind on 3/11/00 at 00:00 (017141)

If there is room and I am a good candidate I would be interested in treatment. I am not that far away and can arrange for a place to stay. Even though I have had improvement with many things I have tried for the past 15 months, I reinjure very quickly and can't lead a normal life.
posted to the eswt board

Martha B. on 2/25/00 at 00:00 (016373)

Dr. Z,I might consider having the right foot done as I only had ossatron on the left BUT my untreated foot is doing fine now . Actually my untreated foot had thicker fascia but the left foot was MUCH more painful so we treated that one. Do I need to just leave well enough alone? I certainly dont want to rock the boat but dont want to miss out on anything that would prevent future problems. Thanks.
posted to the eswt board

Beth D. on 2/25/00 at 00:00 (016379)

Dr. Zuckerman,

I am interested in the ESWT treatment you are offering. I was diagnosed last April with PF and TT. I saw a neurologist in August who did the electrode testing for the TT. The results were negative. I don't have the classic first step pain, but the more I walk, the worse my feet feel. Do you do both feet? Do I need any further tests? I have an appt. for next Thursday with a podiatrist. I feel I could ask him for any tests you need. Should he mail you my records? I have had bloodwork done, too. Should I try a cortizone shot before EWST? I live in Tioga County Pa, so am about 5 hours from Philadelphia. Thank you for all the information you've been adding to this message board.

Beth Dillman

my e-mail is: (email removed)
posted to the eswt board

GinaC on 2/25/00 at 00:00 (016396)

I have bilateral PF, with heel spurs in both feet. I received Ossatron treatment in Toronto on 2/22 for my left food, which has always been more painful and severe. The right foot, however, has flared up off and on during the last two years and is presently somewhat painful, but not excruciating. I would like to know what test information or documentation you would need to evaluate me as a candidate for treatment of the right foot. I have not had surgery and have no nerve involvement. Looking forward to hearing from you. Gina email (email removed)
posted to the eswt board

Nicole V.R. on 2/25/00 at 00:00 (016415)

Dr.Z,
Just curious if you will be sponsoring just one treatment per foot or as many as needed, because if I understand correctly, 2 or 3 treatments are usually needed for the Orbasone, compared to only one for the Ossatron. I'm just curious, not interested since I've had the treatment done in Toronto, and only one of my feet needs the ESWT.
posted to the eswt board

Dr. Zuckerman on 2/25/00 at 00:00 (016422)

With the orbasone you usually only need one treatment. This isn't a low energy machine. Most of my patients at this point and time only need one treatment. At this point and time I am only sponsoring one treatment.
posted to the eswt board

Dr. Zuckerman on 2/25/00 at 00:00 (016423)

Let see how the left foot does at this point and time. It might be a good idea to see if you need a second treatment of the left foot.

Dr. Z
posted to the eswt board

alan k on 2/25/00 at 00:00 (016434)

Hi Dr. Zuckerman,

I was the one who egged John W on to do that trip. However, it wasn't planned in a way that was particularly sensitive to us (speaking only for myself not the others who are probably very grateful and appreciative). It was kind of like tossing coins to the paupers. Whoever was in a good spot was alright, if someone got trampled so be it. I only missed out-- I wasn't informed about any pre-requisites unitl the last minute and then because of my poor medical care didn't have the right tests, etc. Another guy on Social sec lost a grand (but maybe got it back with Dr. Gordon's help).

If you plan this you might pick a day that the participants find to be a good one, and then give plenty of time to get ready. A clear stipulation of what you expect from the patient is the most important thing though.

If you can tell me what you require I would be very interested in coming if the tests turn out right. I have a place to stay near there and also it's not far from where I live.

thanks, alan k
posted to the eswt board

Bea on 2/25/00 at 00:00 (016435)

I have a torn achilles heel, achilles tendonitis, bursitis and a heel spur, all in my left heel. Would I be a candidate for your treatment?
posted to the eswt board

Dr. Zuckerman on 2/25/00 at 00:00 (016438)

When you have TTS, the results can be poor (no relief). The dx of TTS is very straight forward. Your podiatist should try one steriod injection. This probaby will only short term, but I have seen long relief. In addition this will help determine if it is PF,

Dr. Z
posted to the eswt board

Dr. Zuckerman on 2/25/00 at 00:00 (016439)

I don't see at this time why would want to do the other foot. There is a good chance that the other foot will stay calm when the left foot get better. I am not eliminating you just giving my personal advice. So stretch, stretch , after you start feeling better.

Dr. Z
posted to the eswt board

Rosalind on 3/11/00 at 00:00 (017141)

If there is room and I am a good candidate I would be interested in treatment. I am not that far away and can arrange for a place to stay. Even though I have had improvement with many things I have tried for the past 15 months, I reinjure very quickly and can't lead a normal life.
posted to the eswt board