Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Birk Birki (Tobago, Barbados, Clogs, etc) sizing

Posted by john a on 2/25/00 at 00:00 (016376)

In several birk catalogs I have, as well as on some websites, I have seen that they recommend ordering these Birki styles one size larger than normal: so if you wear a 41 Arizona, you would need a 42 Tobago. But the german birkenstock-cn.com and birkenstock.com itself say that only some specific footprints style shoes need to be ordered one size larger. What do the birk experts out there think?

Re: Birk Birki (Tobago, Barbados, Clogs, etc) sizing

Marti C on 2/25/00 at 00:00 (016445)

Hi john,
Thats a hard call, Ive tried on different styles of birks. The shoes with the removable inserts I had to go two sizes up. The ones without, only one size up. If possible, your best bet would be to try them on in a shoe store, then order from the German web-site that is what I did.
Good Luck, Marti

Re: Birk Birki (Tobago, Barbados, Clogs, etc) sizing

Marti C on 2/25/00 at 00:00 (016445)

Hi john,
Thats a hard call, Ive tried on different styles of birks. The shoes with the removable inserts I had to go two sizes up. The ones without, only one size up. If possible, your best bet would be to try them on in a shoe store, then order from the German web-site that is what I did.
Good Luck, Marti