Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Ossatron Post-Treatment Paranoia

Posted by GinaC on 2/25/00 at 00:00 (016412)

Anybody else feel like this? I am getting paranoid about making a mistake in judgment that will reduce the effectiveness of my Ossatron treatment (2/22, Toronto). Walked the dog for a short distance and had greater pain; went swimming and did fine, but had a great internal debate about using the whirlpool, cause I don't want to increase inflammation with heat, but want to stretch effectively. Finally vetoed the whirlpool for this week. Now on to worrying about under or overstretching....everything is a concern...guess I should have waited till John W. introduces the 'Ossatron for Idiots' version of treatment--a foolproof one is obviously what I need.
posted to the eswt board

Re: Ossatron Post-Treatment Paranoia

john h on 2/25/00 at 00:00 (016437)

john w you are to be commended for your generosity in paying the bill for the ossatron gang. wish i could have made the trip from arkansas and participated but hopefully you will be putting your devices throughout the U.S. soon. you are the man john w! i am still holding on to my stock so you better get your but in gear and sell some OssaTrons so i will have enough money to pay for the treatment!
posted to the eswt board

Helen on 2/25/00 at 00:00 (016443)

Ditto, ditto, ditto. I am concerned about being careful post Ossatron. Took a walk to the subway yesterday - lots of pain during and after that. So today I have stayed home and just walked up and down stairs and around the house. I wish I had better guidelines about what I can and can't do. Dr. Galea was not available today by phone so I had no input. Will give you feedback next week if he gets back to me. I will try a walk tomorrow, but am trying to be careful. And TRYING to make sure I stretch. My feet don't feel so sore today at all really, but tomorrow when I go out for errands, etc. will be the real test. In truth, I think the treatment must be sort of 'fool proof' or else how would so many people have improved, despite all sorts of lifestyles? Take care.

Helen

posted to the eswt board

VickiJ on 3/02/00 at 00:00 (016746)

I posted over on the other board...asking what 'The Gang' was told to expect post treatment, what exercises to do or not to do, what to do to keep from having a relapse, etc...it sounds like the doctor didn't give much guidance for post treatment activities, and self-treatment? Is that correct? Are they still considering it so experimental that they can't tell individuals what to expect post treatment?
posted to the eswt board

john h on 2/25/00 at 00:00 (016437)

john w you are to be commended for your generosity in paying the bill for the ossatron gang. wish i could have made the trip from arkansas and participated but hopefully you will be putting your devices throughout the U.S. soon. you are the man john w! i am still holding on to my stock so you better get your but in gear and sell some OssaTrons so i will have enough money to pay for the treatment!
posted to the eswt board

Helen on 2/25/00 at 00:00 (016443)

Ditto, ditto, ditto. I am concerned about being careful post Ossatron. Took a walk to the subway yesterday - lots of pain during and after that. So today I have stayed home and just walked up and down stairs and around the house. I wish I had better guidelines about what I can and can't do. Dr. Galea was not available today by phone so I had no input. Will give you feedback next week if he gets back to me. I will try a walk tomorrow, but am trying to be careful. And TRYING to make sure I stretch. My feet don't feel so sore today at all really, but tomorrow when I go out for errands, etc. will be the real test. In truth, I think the treatment must be sort of 'fool proof' or else how would so many people have improved, despite all sorts of lifestyles? Take care.

Helen

posted to the eswt board

VickiJ on 3/02/00 at 00:00 (016746)

I posted over on the other board...asking what 'The Gang' was told to expect post treatment, what exercises to do or not to do, what to do to keep from having a relapse, etc...it sounds like the doctor didn't give much guidance for post treatment activities, and self-treatment? Is that correct? Are they still considering it so experimental that they can't tell individuals what to expect post treatment?
posted to the eswt board