Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

worsening PF, MD no help, aternatives?? please advise!

Posted by sinead on 2/25/00 at 00:00 (016414)

Hi , I'm SO relieved to find this site! I'm planning a walking trip to Ireland soon, My recently diagnosed PF is worsening, I'm using Naprosyn 500, stretching, excersizing gently, has anyone tried Chiropractic?,cranial sacral therapy? accupuncture?, is massage and manipulation good even though it hurts terribly? I don't know where to go next, any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Re: worsening PF, MD no help, aternatives?? please advise!

YvonneC on 2/25/00 at 00:00 (016418)

Sinead, firstly I am jealous of you going to Ireland as I am from Ireland you will have a wonderful time. I am a PF sufferer for 5 years +, I do a lot of massaging and icing, but I also use new balance sneakers w/orthodics and for dress shoes I use the walking company, they nice and cushioned. Massaging will hurt for a little while, until you work out the inflamation, try and do 5 mins the first time and then about 2 hrs later try and do it again, until you build up a tolerance. I hope this helps and have a wonderful trip. Now this may be nothing, but I have found that any time I go home to Ireland my PF doesn't hurt as much, I'm don't know if it's the weather, in my mind or just excitement about being home. Take care.

Sinead on 2/28/00 at 00:00 (016523)

Thankyou Yvonne, I bet my PF will be better in Ireland also, the spirit of vacation.. I do need to walk alot though, I'm investigating chiropractic adjustment now. Thankyou for your response! Sinead

YvonneC on 2/25/00 at 00:00 (016418)

Sinead, firstly I am jealous of you going to Ireland as I am from Ireland you will have a wonderful time. I am a PF sufferer for 5 years +, I do a lot of massaging and icing, but I also use new balance sneakers w/orthodics and for dress shoes I use the walking company, they nice and cushioned. Massaging will hurt for a little while, until you work out the inflamation, try and do 5 mins the first time and then about 2 hrs later try and do it again, until you build up a tolerance. I hope this helps and have a wonderful trip. Now this may be nothing, but I have found that any time I go home to Ireland my PF doesn't hurt as much, I'm don't know if it's the weather, in my mind or just excitement about being home. Take care.

Sinead on 2/28/00 at 00:00 (016523)

Thankyou Yvonne, I bet my PF will be better in Ireland also, the spirit of vacation.. I do need to walk alot though, I'm investigating chiropractic adjustment now. Thankyou for your response! Sinead