Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Re: a suggestion or two and a question

Posted by Kim B. on 2/25/00 at 00:00 (016429)

Hi Sinead,

I am reprinting a posting I just saw by Lucy M. because I have the Teva Circuits shoes that she mentions and they have been a lifesaver for me. They are sandles, so depending on the weather in Ireland when you'll be there, they may or may not work out for your trip. I even wear them around the house with socks on in the winter. Looks silly, but feels great. (Comfort first, fashion second.)

Re: Strappy Sandals
Posted by Lucy M on 2/25/100

Hey john, I think you're right that those grey & white Teva (the model is called Circuit) are only ladies. They may make something similar for men but I'm not sure. To me, they have a substantially greater arch than most Tevas. I don't wear them all the time. I wear Birks and Reebok DMX most of the time but they are comfy and I have never hurt from them. But like you said, different soles.., I guess we just all have to spend lots of money to find the shoes that work best for each of us.

By the way, those Teva Circuits are on sale on the Just for Feet website (www.feet.com) for $39.99. If I recall correctly the regular price is about $60 or $80 bucks. Also, the Just for Feet website is having a buy 1 pair get a 2nd pair half price sale.

Sinead,

Do a search on the word 'massage' and you'll get a lot of input on it. I've heard it helps break up scar tissue, but I can also see where it could be damaging if not done correctly.

I would like to know more about cranial sacral therapy. What can you tell me?

Good Luck! Kim B.

Sinead on 2/28/00 at 00:00 (016522)

Dear Kim, Thankyou for responding, I'm just learning how to use this website. I'll investigatethe Tevas, thankyou! Cranial Sacral Therapy/balancing is hard for me to describe accuratly, it has helped me a lot with back pain and knee issues, it's a form of physical therapy that presumes a central balance of all energy/health through the membranes surrounding the brain, brain stem and spinal cord when unobstructed.. blockages of the energy cause various imbalances, inflammations, and problems, realignment, with gentle hands on pressure rebalance and 'heal', better to look it up or talk to a professional, this sounds pretty flaky.. I'm wearing a new shoe designed by Laura Norman, foot reflexologist/author, that feels REALLY good, also it's very expensive.. 200$ a pair. They are available in my area [Berkshires] Mass. I'll offer more info if wanted. I'm thinking of trying Chiropractic for my PF, believing a general imbalance has created this inflammation.. does this reasonable to you? Thanks, Sinead

Sinead on 2/28/00 at 00:00 (016522)

Dear Kim, Thankyou for responding, I'm just learning how to use this website. I'll investigatethe Tevas, thankyou! Cranial Sacral Therapy/balancing is hard for me to describe accuratly, it has helped me a lot with back pain and knee issues, it's a form of physical therapy that presumes a central balance of all energy/health through the membranes surrounding the brain, brain stem and spinal cord when unobstructed.. blockages of the energy cause various imbalances, inflammations, and problems, realignment, with gentle hands on pressure rebalance and 'heal', better to look it up or talk to a professional, this sounds pretty flaky.. I'm wearing a new shoe designed by Laura Norman, foot reflexologist/author, that feels REALLY good, also it's very expensive.. 200$ a pair. They are available in my area [Berkshires] Mass. I'll offer more info if wanted. I'm thinking of trying Chiropractic for my PF, believing a general imbalance has created this inflammation.. does this reasonable to you? Thanks, Sinead