Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

how much time have you taken off?

Posted by Annette on 2/26/00 at 00:00 (016449)

Hi Bob,
I was just wondering how long it has been since you have been able to run? I know how you feel, I too wish that I could just go out for a run. I have a night splint but stopped using it because It was a hassle, I should take it out and start using it again.
take care,
Annette

Re: how much time have you taken off?

Bob G. on 2/27/00 at 00:00 (016469)

I had to stop running last July because the pain was so intense. The foot is feeling a lot better now from rest, gentle stretching (I am using the Foot Flex and like it), the nightsplint (I love/hate the thing, too!), ibuprofen, ice after use, always were heel lift inside shoe (even put heel lift inside nightsplint for increased comfort) and just rest, rest, rest. Sometimes it seems like it will take forever - just so long as it doesn't take forever and a day! I hope to be back on the dance floor soon. Don't give up; keep trying until you find what works for you.

Re: how much time have you taken off?

Bob G. on 2/27/00 at 00:00 (016469)

I had to stop running last July because the pain was so intense. The foot is feeling a lot better now from rest, gentle stretching (I am using the Foot Flex and like it), the nightsplint (I love/hate the thing, too!), ibuprofen, ice after use, always were heel lift inside shoe (even put heel lift inside nightsplint for increased comfort) and just rest, rest, rest. Sometimes it seems like it will take forever - just so long as it doesn't take forever and a day! I hope to be back on the dance floor soon. Don't give up; keep trying until you find what works for you.