Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Can't believe I'm going to try again

Posted by wendyn on 2/26/00 at 00:00 (016464)

I booked an appointment yesterday to see podiatrist number 3. I'll also be ordering orthotics number 4 from him. I can't believe I'm going to do this - I must be a sucker for punishment.

This guy has been recommended to me by a few people, and he's supposed to be one of the best around for orthotics. A very hard to fit patient that was seeing my podiatrist and had 3 different pairs made - was eventually sent to this guy by the first podiatrist.

If nothing else, maybe he can give an opinion on what he thinks is going on.

Here's hoping!

Re: Can't believe I'm going to try again

john h on 2/26/00 at 00:00 (016465)

wendy: i counted 6 pair of orthotics in my drawer today. some costing over #300. the ones i wear now cost $19.95. good luck!!!!

Re: Can't believe I'm going to try againRE Wendyn

Laurie R on 2/27/00 at 00:00 (016485)

Hi Wendy,
you have always helped me in the past so now it is my turn to try to make you feel better.

Like they say the third is the charm!!!!!!Lets hope this podiatrist can help you.Maybe this one paid attention in school when it came to hard cases.The last time I was at my podiatrist I asked him if he took the special Laurie course..He laughed.So lets hope your new doctor took the special Wendy course.Now Wendy I am not being mean I just hope that this will be the doctor that is going to take the time to help you.I really like my podiatrist.

Now have you thought about a cortisone shot??

Please let us know how your appointment goes.

Good luck and god bless......Laurie R

john h on 2/27/00 at 00:00 (016502)

wendy: i wish you would get a cortisone shot so you could tell me if hurts as bad as some say.

wendyn on 2/27/00 at 00:00 (016504)

Tell you what John, how bout YOU get the cortisone shot and then YOU can tell ME whether or not it hurts as much as some people say! I like that idea better.

My husband and I both have blue cross, and our coverage is for 150.00 a year each for orthotics (canadian). It used to be once every two years. Most customer orthotics here run from $300 to $400 Canadian.

S. Booren on 2/27/00 at 00:00 (016512)

Wendyn, this may not be relevant, but I had the same problem as you did (no doc being able to accurately diagnose & treat the problem). Saw 7 docs (Sports Meds, internist, rheumatologist, physiatrists) and 3 PT's. I got to the point where while I was seeing one doc I was already getting a referral to another, 'just in case'. Finally I went to the Mayo Clinic and saw a Sports Medicinist. I'd give you his name but it wasn't for PF, so probably wouldn't do you much good! Anyway he spend 3 hours with me, looked over all my MRI, Xray, Bonescan, etc...prescribed a course of action, told me EXACTLY what the problem was with support from the imaging, etc. All in all I was quite satisfied, and insurance covered it 80-20.

john h on 2/26/00 at 00:00 (016465)

wendy: i counted 6 pair of orthotics in my drawer today. some costing over #300. the ones i wear now cost $19.95. good luck!!!!

Laurie R on 2/27/00 at 00:00 (016485)

Hi Wendy,
you have always helped me in the past so now it is my turn to try to make you feel better.

Like they say the third is the charm!!!!!!Lets hope this podiatrist can help you.Maybe this one paid attention in school when it came to hard cases.The last time I was at my podiatrist I asked him if he took the special Laurie course..He laughed.So lets hope your new doctor took the special Wendy course.Now Wendy I am not being mean I just hope that this will be the doctor that is going to take the time to help you.I really like my podiatrist.

Now have you thought about a cortisone shot??

Please let us know how your appointment goes.

Good luck and god bless......Laurie R

john h on 2/27/00 at 00:00 (016502)

wendy: i wish you would get a cortisone shot so you could tell me if hurts as bad as some say.

wendyn on 2/27/00 at 00:00 (016504)

Tell you what John, how bout YOU get the cortisone shot and then YOU can tell ME whether or not it hurts as much as some people say! I like that idea better.

My husband and I both have blue cross, and our coverage is for 150.00 a year each for orthotics (canadian). It used to be once every two years. Most customer orthotics here run from $300 to $400 Canadian.

S. Booren on 2/27/00 at 00:00 (016512)

Wendyn, this may not be relevant, but I had the same problem as you did (no doc being able to accurately diagnose & treat the problem). Saw 7 docs (Sports Meds, internist, rheumatologist, physiatrists) and 3 PT's. I got to the point where while I was seeing one doc I was already getting a referral to another, 'just in case'. Finally I went to the Mayo Clinic and saw a Sports Medicinist. I'd give you his name but it wasn't for PF, so probably wouldn't do you much good! Anyway he spend 3 hours with me, looked over all my MRI, Xray, Bonescan, etc...prescribed a course of action, told me EXACTLY what the problem was with support from the imaging, etc. All in all I was quite satisfied, and insurance covered it 80-20.