Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

birk boots disappointing

Posted by alan k on 2/27/00 at 00:00 (016472)

I ordered boots and returned them, mostly because the wrong size but also because the foot bed wasn't that different than any normal shoewear. It was like a cross between a birk bed and a flat bed: not a deep a heel cup (in fact the heelcup had soft padding in it thus raising it a bit, and not as much arch support and in the wrong place.

Later I got birk shoes for work (not London or other models which retain the classic footbed but a 'footprint' which does not) and I kept them. They were depressing at first because I let the return deadline go past because I was busy. I find they are not so bad after all, and especially not bad for walking and really show there limitations when standing around, by contrast. They are not as good as Birkenstock classic footbed as in the Arizona. I don't regret buying them now, but I wouldn't put my hopes of climbing mount (can't think of a mountain now, where's my coffee) on them.

alan k

Re: birk boots disappointing

VickiJ on 2/27/00 at 00:00 (016489)

Thanks, Alan. It is sooooo amazing how difficult it is to find the 'right' shoes.

Re: birk boots disappointing

VickiJ on 2/27/00 at 00:00 (016489)

Thanks, Alan. It is sooooo amazing how difficult it is to find the 'right' shoes.