Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Still pain free

Posted by Lee M. on 2/28/00 at 00:00 (016514)

Just a few more thoughts.
I still wear my orthodics. I still soak my feet in hot water and do massage when they ache (normal aches) I consider it maintenance considering what I do for a living.
I still stretch especially in the am. I still have a little arch ache once in awhile, but it goes away. My podiatrist said the pf band finally stretched enough and relieved my pain. But I'm positive it was the phys therapy massage causing increased blood circulation.
I've posted this before but I'll say it again. This condition was so unbearable, I don't know how I functioned for over 2 years with it.
No one understands except fellow sufferers. You could have a more serious condition but this one is still devastating to you lifestyle, not to mention the pain involved.
I have my life back and I truly wish the same for all of you.

Re: Still pain free

Bob G. on 2/28/00 at 00:00 (016515)

It feels sooo good to not have that pain. Tonight I took an ibuprofen and went for a 15-minute walk on the beach at sunset. The clouds and the waves were magnificent - and I got caught in a rain shower. But I was almost crying because I was walking without pain. I came home all wet and iced the heel, then took a hot bath and massaged. After a little walking around the house with heel lifts in shoes I gently stretched. This has been the best day since July. I will wear the sock with my nightsplint for maybe an hour tonight, then lose the sock and just go nightsplint all night. There IS hope!
Now, if I can just restrain myself and take it very slow and very easy.

alan k on 2/28/00 at 00:00 (016517)

That was a beautiful story.

thanks, alan k

Lee M. on 2/28/00 at 00:00 (016528)

Can I ever relate to your post. Sometimes I have to remember that my foot doesn't hurt. I hardly ever remember to post on this board. I used to post and read every day. There is no pain like that nail that is driven up the center of your heel when your suffering.
Glad to hear another happy story.

Lucy W. on 2/28/00 at 00:00 (016529)

I'm so glad for you! Hope I can say the same before long! What are night splints and where do I get them? Thanks Lucy W.

Re: Still pain free GREAT!!!!

Dan L. on 2/29/00 at 00:00 (016586)

Wow! That's super news! I'm 6 days post-op and look forward to being pain free. FYI, the pain from the surgery has been much less than the 4 years of suffering with PF.
Best wishes to you and congratulations.
Can you 'Riverdance' yet?
Dan in SC

Bob G. on 2/28/00 at 00:00 (016515)

It feels sooo good to not have that pain. Tonight I took an ibuprofen and went for a 15-minute walk on the beach at sunset. The clouds and the waves were magnificent - and I got caught in a rain shower. But I was almost crying because I was walking without pain. I came home all wet and iced the heel, then took a hot bath and massaged. After a little walking around the house with heel lifts in shoes I gently stretched. This has been the best day since July. I will wear the sock with my nightsplint for maybe an hour tonight, then lose the sock and just go nightsplint all night. There IS hope!
Now, if I can just restrain myself and take it very slow and very easy.

alan k on 2/28/00 at 00:00 (016517)

That was a beautiful story.

thanks, alan k

Lee M. on 2/28/00 at 00:00 (016528)

Can I ever relate to your post. Sometimes I have to remember that my foot doesn't hurt. I hardly ever remember to post on this board. I used to post and read every day. There is no pain like that nail that is driven up the center of your heel when your suffering.
Glad to hear another happy story.

Lucy W. on 2/28/00 at 00:00 (016529)

I'm so glad for you! Hope I can say the same before long! What are night splints and where do I get them? Thanks Lucy W.

Re: Still pain free GREAT!!!!

Dan L. on 2/29/00 at 00:00 (016586)

Wow! That's super news! I'm 6 days post-op and look forward to being pain free. FYI, the pain from the surgery has been much less than the 4 years of suffering with PF.
Best wishes to you and congratulations.
Can you 'Riverdance' yet?
Dan in SC