Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Re: Chiropratic Care

Posted by Kim B. on 2/28/00 at 00:00 (016542)

Well, it's worth a try. It all depends on the abilities of the Chiropractor. Get recommendations, and find one who has a thriving business.

I have Fibromyalgia Syndrome (FM)and over the years I have seen a lot of chiropractors. Some good and some bad. I've gotten good results from the good ones and wasted my time and money on a few that weren't so good. It shounds cruel to say, but find one that has a thriving pratice. It is my feeling that the ones who are hurting for business will string you along to line their pocketbooks. (Sorry if I have offended any chiropractors, but that is the way I feel about it.)

Also, I agree with another post that remommends Yoga. It is gentle stretching techniques that when done right, can be very benificial. You can buy tapes to do at home in private and at your own pace.

Good luck Sinead.

sinead on 2/29/00 at 00:00 (016575)

Thanks again for your counsel Kim, I spoke with a trusted Chiropractor yesterday, without much personal experience with this, she thinks it's a good try, recommended someone who is more of an osteopath she says, (she is recovering from knee surgery and not practicing) She thinks that PF could be about imbalance resulting in inflammation, my current theory. I also spoke with a local accupuncurist, he says he hates to put needles in the heel, and sometimes this problem is nutritional.. I'm not drawn to that theory and crossed him off the list. MY PF is getting worse, I am 'rolling' out on my rt. foot to avoid contact with the inner heel, this must not be good for anything. I'm calling the chiro-osteo- guy today. I so appreciate this website and your counsel, Thankyou again, Sinead

sinead on 2/29/00 at 00:00 (016575)

Thanks again for your counsel Kim, I spoke with a trusted Chiropractor yesterday, without much personal experience with this, she thinks it's a good try, recommended someone who is more of an osteopath she says, (she is recovering from knee surgery and not practicing) She thinks that PF could be about imbalance resulting in inflammation, my current theory. I also spoke with a local accupuncurist, he says he hates to put needles in the heel, and sometimes this problem is nutritional.. I'm not drawn to that theory and crossed him off the list. MY PF is getting worse, I am 'rolling' out on my rt. foot to avoid contact with the inner heel, this must not be good for anything. I'm calling the chiro-osteo- guy today. I so appreciate this website and your counsel, Thankyou again, Sinead