Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

6 Days Post Op Update

Posted by Dan L. on 2/29/00 at 00:00 (016583)

Thanks for the many kind comments on this board.
Well, I'm 6 days post op bilateral surgery for PF. My surgeon chose to make incisions (approx 1.5') in the bottom of each heel.
I'm happy to report that pain has been almost non-existent.
Of course, it's a bit painful if I put weight on my feet and heels in particular. So, I just don't walk much at all...yet. I have a walker that I use for short distances. It works quite well. Just can't overdo it.
So, the news for now: 6 days post op (both feet) and there's very little pain. I only needed pain medicine that first 24 hours and even then the pain was minimal.
I'll continue to post here during the coming days and weeks.
Best wishes to all (especially PF suffferers).
Dan L. in SC

Re: 6 Days Post Op Updatere Dan L

Laurie R on 2/29/00 at 00:00 (016603)

Hi Dan,
This is really wonderful that you are doing so well.So you had this done on both your feet?I heard it takes a long time to heal when you have both feet done.Keep up on what ever you are doing.....

Best of luck to you.Please keep us posted.Laurie R

Re: 6 Days Post Op Update

Rick R on 3/01/00 at 00:00 (016658)

Dan,

I'm curious about two major differences in our treatment. My Dr. went in from the inside to avoid scar tissue on load bearing skin and he didn't want any pressure on that heal, standing, walking you name it for one month. All I was supposed to do and did do was massage the incision (afer some time). Sounds like after 6 days you're turned loose to test things out. After my month was up I put the crutches away (only had the left side done) and walked like a fully evolved homo erectus for the first time in years. It will be interesting to hear how things continue to work out for you. Good Luck

Re: 6 Days Post Op Updatere Dan L

Laurie R on 2/29/00 at 00:00 (016603)

Hi Dan,
This is really wonderful that you are doing so well.So you had this done on both your feet?I heard it takes a long time to heal when you have both feet done.Keep up on what ever you are doing.....

Best of luck to you.Please keep us posted.Laurie R

Re: 6 Days Post Op Update

Rick R on 3/01/00 at 00:00 (016658)

Dan,

I'm curious about two major differences in our treatment. My Dr. went in from the inside to avoid scar tissue on load bearing skin and he didn't want any pressure on that heal, standing, walking you name it for one month. All I was supposed to do and did do was massage the incision (afer some time). Sounds like after 6 days you're turned loose to test things out. After my month was up I put the crutches away (only had the left side done) and walked like a fully evolved homo erectus for the first time in years. It will be interesting to hear how things continue to work out for you. Good Luck