Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

The great ossatron adventure

Posted by Karen K on 3/01/00 at 00:00 (016667)

Hello All,
It was so nice to meet everyone up in Canada. I just finished reading all the posts up to today as I just got my computer back form the shop. I also still have pain in my heels when I walk as to be expected after one week. I'm stretching like crazy. When I'm walking around the house and one heel starts to flare up I stop and stretch it. As others have mentioned I too am unsure of how much walking to do. I try to get out and do 1-1 1/2 hrs of errands every day. If I'm in a store I'll prop my toes on the base of a display case and lean into it for a little stetch and it helps with the pain.
As for the treatment itself it was not to bad. It was painful at the time but it was tolerable. I had both feet done so the lidocaine was divided in half for each foot but it was tolerable. I am very glad I had it done. Dr. Galea and James, his assistant, were WONDERFUL. I'm keeping a positive atitude and holding high hopes for this to work. If I need another treatment, so I do it again. It really was not all that bad.
Scott and John thanks for making this whole trip possible.
Best wishes to all my new friends for a speedy recovery.
Please keep posting to let us all know how you're doing.
Take Care,
Karen K

posted to the eswt board