Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Calcified Achielles Tendon and ESWT

Posted by Jim R. on 3/01/00 at 00:00 (016679)

I am considering undergoing ESWT by Dr. Gordon for a calcified achilles tendon. In 1997 I underwent a surgical removal of a bone spur, via a posterior incision. This was also described as a Haglund's deformity. Since that time I have been active in sports and running and unfortunately my achilles tendon has gone on to calcify at the insertion point. This was confirmed radiographically.
I have recently been in conversation with Dr. Gordon in Toronto regarding ESWT and I am strongly considering having this treatment. I would greatly appreciate any feedback or suggestions that anyone has. Also, how can I get in touch with Dr. Zuckerman? Thanks in advance for any response.

Jim

posted to the eswt board

Re: Calcified Achielles Tendon and ESWT

rob on 3/01/00 at 00:00 (016683)

Dr. Zuckerman has his own web page. Just type his name in your search and you will find it.
posted to the eswt board

Dr. Zuckerman on 3/01/00 at 00:00 (016688)

I have done two cases for painful achilles tendonits. Short terms results have been great. So long as the area is point pt the better the results.

David Zuckerman DPM
(email removed)
posted to the eswt board

Re: Calcified Achielles Tendon and ESWT/Dr.Zuckerman

Bea K on 3/02/00 at 00:00 (016727)

I have a torn achilles tendon, achilles tendonitis, Bursitis & a heel spur on my right heel. Would I be a candidate for your treatment?
posted to the eswt board

Dr. Zuckerman on 3/02/00 at 00:00 (016766)

Please e-mail me at (email removed). Explain to me your pain,previous treatment. When it hurt. Did you rupture the tendon.??

Where do you live.??
posted to the eswt board

rob on 3/01/00 at 00:00 (016683)

Dr. Zuckerman has his own web page. Just type his name in your search and you will find it.
posted to the eswt board

Dr. Zuckerman on 3/01/00 at 00:00 (016688)

I have done two cases for painful achilles tendonits. Short terms results have been great. So long as the area is point pt the better the results.

David Zuckerman DPM
(email removed)
posted to the eswt board

Bea K on 3/02/00 at 00:00 (016727)

I have a torn achilles tendon, achilles tendonitis, Bursitis & a heel spur on my right heel. Would I be a candidate for your treatment?
posted to the eswt board

Dr. Zuckerman on 3/02/00 at 00:00 (016766)

Please e-mail me at (email removed). Explain to me your pain,previous treatment. When it hurt. Did you rupture the tendon.??

Where do you live.??
posted to the eswt board