Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Re: to Sue S.

Posted by Nancy S. on 3/01/00 at 00:00 (016693)

Hi Sue -- I think Mike is getting a big chance here, and hopefully it will help some people. There is a big difference, however, between posting to sell one's product and posting as a patient to say what's worked for you. As the seller of a product, he has a financial stake in what he is promoting AND in trying to scare people away from other products or methods. This is not the case when patients who have no financial interest praise something that has worked for them. A great deal got posted here about PFTs before someone (me) eventually (yesterday) questioned Mike's assertion that PFTs are a good alternative to night splints -- the first challenge to a post of his that I am aware of. I don't think it's unkind or unwise to question people selling something, even if their product is a good one.
Anyway, much of this may be water over the dam if Mike takes up Wendy's suggestion, which I think is a good one. --Nancy