Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

I am having a pitty party and you all are invited...............

Posted by Laurie R on 3/01/00 at 00:00 (016713)

Hello to everyone,
Check this out I was so looking forward to going to my pod appointment tomarrow and his office calls me today to tell me I can't go .I am on workmans comp and his office said that they would not pay for it nor would they pay for my air cast that I have been for ,for two weeks now.So I was on the phone all day trying to get these people to call me back or just help me understand what is happening.I have been on workmans comp since this started 8 months ago.I did get them to agree that I should go to my appointment tomarrow .I tried tell them that I was in the middle of treatment because I was going to get other cortisone shot tomarrow they did not see it that way they said I was not in the middle of treatment they said if one shot didn't work what makes me think that 2 or 3 shots would work.Go figure they think they know more then the doctors.

Also they are making go to other doctor to get a second oponion next week.This is a orthopedic which I think would be good to see what he thinks.Its just how they told me you have to go.This will be doctor #7 maybe for some reason they think that the other 6 doctors don't know what they are doing.

I don't know what is worst not having a doctor or having to go to all kinds of doctors and them not knowing what to do for you.

Sorry about all this but today was so hard.You know it took me 8 months to make up my mind on getting a cortisone shot and as you know I did 2 weeks ago and I was looking forward to getting other one just to see if it would help me. I will let you know how it goes tomarrow.I just wish that workmans comp would let the doctors do there jobs.

Best to all of you and thank you for comming to my party.Laurie R

Re: I am having a pitty party and you all are invited...............

Nancy S. on 3/01/00 at 00:00 (016718)

Hi Laurie, thanks for having a party, we need a party about now! Where is my balloon? I'm sorry for your disappointments today -- workers comp., insurance, etc., sure can complicate things sometimes. Have you seen an ortho. doctor before? Maybe he or she can offer new insight or help . . . I hope so. You have surely had a rough time and deserve a break. Thanks for inviting us all to your party. Salina, maybe you should come too! (Remember my bad joke? Please don't!). Good luck, Laurie --Nancy

VickiJ on 3/02/00 at 00:00 (016745)

You are right...having to deal with THE SYSTEM is almost the worst part of it...OH TO BE ABLE TO 'SHARE' PF WITH ALL OF THOSE BEAN COUNTERS AND PAPER PUSHERS!!!!!!

Hang in there....it was almost a full year before I saw some significant healing. I am a big believer in stretching...Birks and properly fitting orthotics for winter shoes....for several months I had the block in the middle of the hallway to remind me to stretch many times through out the day...maybe there is some controversy over that but I know that all of my leg muscles along with my plantar were tighter than piano wires...anyway...BAG THEM ALL and go get a massage if you can afford it....at the very least take a good long warm bubble bath...or whatever would make you feel pampered...and visualize all of THEM crumpled over in pain!

Re: I am having a pitty party and you all are invited...............RE Nancy

Laurie R on 3/02/00 at 00:00 (016754)

Hi Nancy,

Thank you as always for your kind words.Here are two balloons for you (oo) I don't know how to make the strings So just pretend.....Anyways I hope today is better I do get to see my doctor so we will see what happens I will let you know.How are you feeling pain wise today?I hope you contiue to do well....Thank you again.Laurie R PS don't pop the balloons.HA HA Ha ....

wendyn on 3/02/00 at 00:00 (016761)

How awful for you Laurie! Although I can get down about my feet, I am constantly reminded that my situation could be worse.

I don't have young children(my youngest is almost 7) I cannot imagine walking the halls now with a screaming baby - I would be screaming too.

I'm not required to stand much at my job - I mostly sit at a desk.

If I do have to go off work, I have disability coverage...I cannot imagine how terrifying this would be if my income was threatened by my problems with my feet.

I have a very supportive husband and family...I can't imagine having to get through grocery shopping and all the housework, errands etc on my own.

My heart goes out to you that are worse off than me, and face so many other problems in addition to your feet. Like you Laurie - the last thing you need is to have to worry about who will try to help you.

I hope that things improved today - let us know.

Rick R on 3/02/00 at 00:00 (016781)

Laurie,

I think they are practicing medicine without a licence. With your usual spirit you have found something positive in seeing an Ortho. Good for you and something else for them. Wouldn't be the first time I tinged the air blue with creative vulgarity!

Re: I am having a pitty party and you all are invited........To All.......

Laurie R on 3/02/00 at 00:00 (016808)

Hello To everyone,
First of all and most important I can not thank all of you who posted.I tell you this might sound funny but you brought tears to my eyes.The stress of all this had made me so sick to my stomach.I did have a better day and just to know you all are hear to listen and make me feel better had a lot to do with it.

I went to my pod appointment And had a long talk with my pod and he was telling me all about workmans comp.See yesterday when the nurse called me from workmans comp she said my doctor said there was no more he could do for me and he wanted me to go to other doctor and that I was not in the middle of treatment.Today when I asked him about all this he said he did not say that,and I asked him if he feels I am in the middle of treatment and he said yes.He was mad about workmans comp but he said he really doesn't care because they do this all the time.

Anyways he thought I should try other cortisone shot and he gave me a new walking cast.My other cast is tore up.Also I will see him in two weeks.

Ok the second shot it did not make my foot numb this time,he said it was stronger cortisone this time and it would be a little different. He asked me if the other one helped I said for 4 hours now he says thats good because it does mean I have TTS.It has been 5 hours now sense I have had this shot and I hate to say it I still feel all the pain there has been no difference yet.But maybe this one will take a bit longer.

I called my attorney today and boy was she mad.(I got a workmans comp attorney months back just in case I had a problem)She said I don't have to see that other doctor,and that nurse from work comp has no right to call my doctor nor call me and say what she did.So any ways My attorney Had me call her back and say don't call me anymore if you have any questions you can call my attorney here is her number.

So see today was wonderful things are starting to look better now if I could get my feet to feel better I know in time.

My doctor and I agree that this takes time. He also said that surgery is not a option at this time and he also is a surgeon so I think I found a pretty good doctor so far.

Like I said thank you all so much it means more to me to know you are here for me than words.Laurie R

Nancy S. on 3/01/00 at 00:00 (016718)

Hi Laurie, thanks for having a party, we need a party about now! Where is my balloon? I'm sorry for your disappointments today -- workers comp., insurance, etc., sure can complicate things sometimes. Have you seen an ortho. doctor before? Maybe he or she can offer new insight or help . . . I hope so. You have surely had a rough time and deserve a break. Thanks for inviting us all to your party. Salina, maybe you should come too! (Remember my bad joke? Please don't!). Good luck, Laurie --Nancy

VickiJ on 3/02/00 at 00:00 (016745)

You are right...having to deal with THE SYSTEM is almost the worst part of it...OH TO BE ABLE TO 'SHARE' PF WITH ALL OF THOSE BEAN COUNTERS AND PAPER PUSHERS!!!!!!

Hang in there....it was almost a full year before I saw some significant healing. I am a big believer in stretching...Birks and properly fitting orthotics for winter shoes....for several months I had the block in the middle of the hallway to remind me to stretch many times through out the day...maybe there is some controversy over that but I know that all of my leg muscles along with my plantar were tighter than piano wires...anyway...BAG THEM ALL and go get a massage if you can afford it....at the very least take a good long warm bubble bath...or whatever would make you feel pampered...and visualize all of THEM crumpled over in pain!

Re: I am having a pitty party and you all are invited...............RE Nancy

Laurie R on 3/02/00 at 00:00 (016754)

Hi Nancy,

Thank you as always for your kind words.Here are two balloons for you (oo) I don't know how to make the strings So just pretend.....Anyways I hope today is better I do get to see my doctor so we will see what happens I will let you know.How are you feeling pain wise today?I hope you contiue to do well....Thank you again.Laurie R PS don't pop the balloons.HA HA Ha ....

wendyn on 3/02/00 at 00:00 (016761)

How awful for you Laurie! Although I can get down about my feet, I am constantly reminded that my situation could be worse.

I don't have young children(my youngest is almost 7) I cannot imagine walking the halls now with a screaming baby - I would be screaming too.

I'm not required to stand much at my job - I mostly sit at a desk.

If I do have to go off work, I have disability coverage...I cannot imagine how terrifying this would be if my income was threatened by my problems with my feet.

I have a very supportive husband and family...I can't imagine having to get through grocery shopping and all the housework, errands etc on my own.

My heart goes out to you that are worse off than me, and face so many other problems in addition to your feet. Like you Laurie - the last thing you need is to have to worry about who will try to help you.

I hope that things improved today - let us know.

Rick R on 3/02/00 at 00:00 (016781)

Laurie,

I think they are practicing medicine without a licence. With your usual spirit you have found something positive in seeing an Ortho. Good for you and something else for them. Wouldn't be the first time I tinged the air blue with creative vulgarity!

Re: I am having a pitty party and you all are invited........To All.......

Laurie R on 3/02/00 at 00:00 (016808)

Hello To everyone,
First of all and most important I can not thank all of you who posted.I tell you this might sound funny but you brought tears to my eyes.The stress of all this had made me so sick to my stomach.I did have a better day and just to know you all are hear to listen and make me feel better had a lot to do with it.

I went to my pod appointment And had a long talk with my pod and he was telling me all about workmans comp.See yesterday when the nurse called me from workmans comp she said my doctor said there was no more he could do for me and he wanted me to go to other doctor and that I was not in the middle of treatment.Today when I asked him about all this he said he did not say that,and I asked him if he feels I am in the middle of treatment and he said yes.He was mad about workmans comp but he said he really doesn't care because they do this all the time.

Anyways he thought I should try other cortisone shot and he gave me a new walking cast.My other cast is tore up.Also I will see him in two weeks.

Ok the second shot it did not make my foot numb this time,he said it was stronger cortisone this time and it would be a little different. He asked me if the other one helped I said for 4 hours now he says thats good because it does mean I have TTS.It has been 5 hours now sense I have had this shot and I hate to say it I still feel all the pain there has been no difference yet.But maybe this one will take a bit longer.

I called my attorney today and boy was she mad.(I got a workmans comp attorney months back just in case I had a problem)She said I don't have to see that other doctor,and that nurse from work comp has no right to call my doctor nor call me and say what she did.So any ways My attorney Had me call her back and say don't call me anymore if you have any questions you can call my attorney here is her number.

So see today was wonderful things are starting to look better now if I could get my feet to feel better I know in time.

My doctor and I agree that this takes time. He also said that surgery is not a option at this time and he also is a surgeon so I think I found a pretty good doctor so far.

Like I said thank you all so much it means more to me to know you are here for me than words.Laurie R