Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

stupid question about lack of morning pain

Posted by Patty S. on 3/02/00 at 00:00 (016721)

I am a new PF patient and had my first cortizone injection about two weeks ago. I felt relief immediately, the best result in the morning. (Sunday was the first time in about 4 months that I woke up and did not think about my foot at all, it felt that good!) I would say that my pain during the day has been reduced to just a tired, slightly achey feeling at the end of the day. My question is: Does the fact that I am not feeling pain mean that I am not retearing my faschia every morning, or does it mean that I am just not feeling pain? I see the pod in two weeks to get orthotics made, but wanted to run my question by you first. patty

Re: stupid question about lack of morning pain -- (not a stupid question, Patty)

Nancy S. on 3/02/00 at 00:00 (016723)

Hi Patty, I don't think your question is stupid at all. I probably would have had the same question myself if the shot had helped me even a tincture! (It didn't.) There seem to be differing opinions on the board about this. Some people believe the cortisone is just masking the pain, and I suppose this might mean that morning reinjury of the fascia is still taking place. But a few people have gotten long-term relief from cortisone -- dang.dave is one of them. For what it's worth, I would still take extra care of that foot and do the same things for it that you were doing before the shot. I would also enjoy this pain-free time! Hope it continues for you. --Nancy S.

Re: stupid question about lack of morning pain -- (not a stupid question, Patty)

Nancy S. on 3/02/00 at 00:00 (016723)

Hi Patty, I don't think your question is stupid at all. I probably would have had the same question myself if the shot had helped me even a tincture! (It didn't.) There seem to be differing opinions on the board about this. Some people believe the cortisone is just masking the pain, and I suppose this might mean that morning reinjury of the fascia is still taking place. But a few people have gotten long-term relief from cortisone -- dang.dave is one of them. For what it's worth, I would still take extra care of that foot and do the same things for it that you were doing before the shot. I would also enjoy this pain-free time! Hope it continues for you. --Nancy S.