Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Ibuprofen Cream

Posted by Mark R on 3/02/00 at 00:00 (016729)

I am a PF sufferer since August '99 and I am trying to heal before my Fall flag football season. I have recently bought the Ibuprofen Cream and was wondering if there is a good time to use the cream (morning or night)or does it matter at all? Also, should I be icing every day or only when my heel is bothering me? Thank you!

Re: Ibuprofen Cream

Laura G. on 9/10/99 at 00:00 (010830)

I've asked a German friend of mine to translate the entire thing - that hasn't happened yet, but as soon as it does, I'll post the whole text.

Nancy T. on 9/10/99 at 00:00 (010832)

Thank you, Laura!!!

Laura G. on 9/11/99 at 00:00 (010874)

Well, don't thank me until you see the translation! ;-)

Nancy T. on 9/11/99 at 00:00 (010875)

As long as I don't have to swallow it.

Yvonne C on 9/13/99 at 00:00 (010912)

Nancy, I have been using the cream for a couple of months now. I apply it first thing in the morning and last thing at night. I keep mine in the fridge, as it is very comforting when applied, nice and cool which heels with the burning.

Chuck of Arizona on 9/15/99 at 00:00 (010985)

You can translate german to english for free at

http://www.altavista.com/

Once there, click on translation, pick german to english, and type in the box the german that you want translated. Although the translations do not make perfect sense (due to differences in the way sentences are constructed in the different languages) you can usually figure out what they are saying.

iris on 9/20/99 at 00:00 (011088)

having read concerns about using the creme without being able to read german, i asked my friend to translate the information for me.
use 3-4 times daily - more often if necessary - use 1 1/2 inches - 4 inches of creme. if rash or itch occurs, stop using. no one under the age of 14. do not use on an open wound. do not use in pregnant or if you have allergies. hope this helps everyone.

Laura G. on 9/10/99 at 00:00 (010830)

I've asked a German friend of mine to translate the entire thing - that hasn't happened yet, but as soon as it does, I'll post the whole text.

Nancy T. on 9/10/99 at 00:00 (010832)

Thank you, Laura!!!

Laura G. on 9/11/99 at 00:00 (010874)

Well, don't thank me until you see the translation! ;-)

Nancy T. on 9/11/99 at 00:00 (010875)

As long as I don't have to swallow it.

Yvonne C on 9/13/99 at 00:00 (010912)

Nancy, I have been using the cream for a couple of months now. I apply it first thing in the morning and last thing at night. I keep mine in the fridge, as it is very comforting when applied, nice and cool which heels with the burning.

Chuck of Arizona on 9/15/99 at 00:00 (010985)

You can translate german to english for free at

http://www.altavista.com/

Once there, click on translation, pick german to english, and type in the box the german that you want translated. Although the translations do not make perfect sense (due to differences in the way sentences are constructed in the different languages) you can usually figure out what they are saying.

iris on 9/20/99 at 00:00 (011088)

having read concerns about using the creme without being able to read german, i asked my friend to translate the information for me.
use 3-4 times daily - more often if necessary - use 1 1/2 inches - 4 inches of creme. if rash or itch occurs, stop using. no one under the age of 14. do not use on an open wound. do not use in pregnant or if you have allergies. hope this helps everyone.

YvonneC on 3/02/00 at 00:00 (016740)

Mark, I also purchased the cream. I don't use it anymore, but when I did, I kept it in the fridge as it was nice and refreshing to massage the cool cream into my feet at the end of the day. I used it mornings, evening and just before bed, I must admit I didn't find any real difference. I now Ice every morning and evening and find this to be better, along with massage morning and evening. I hope this helps.

YvonneC on 3/02/00 at 00:00 (016740)

Mark, I also purchased the cream. I don't use it anymore, but when I did, I kept it in the fridge as it was nice and refreshing to massage the cool cream into my feet at the end of the day. I used it mornings, evening and just before bed, I must admit I didn't find any real difference. I now Ice every morning and evening and find this to be better, along with massage morning and evening. I hope this helps.