Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

YES!

Posted by VickiJ on 3/02/00 at 00:00 (016743)

Hi Ellen,

Yes, there are several people on the board who have had PF for many years and others of us who have had it for two or three years.

For 'Success Stories' see RobinB's posting (you can do a search of the board using her name) and others who post with the heading 'Pain Free', etc. I have had it for two years and am finally seeing a major turn around...following a similar path to RobinB's except I did not go on a carb eliminating diet AND I finally got a doc who could make me a pair of orthotics that fit correctly.

Hang in there, read as many of the posts here that you can to see what sounds similar to your case....and ask all the questions you need to...you will find everyone extremely empathetic and helpful as can be

Good Luck!!!

Re: YES!

Ellen N. on 3/03/00 at 00:00 (016832)

Hi Vicki,
As I said to Rick, thank you for your inspiring note. I cannot believe all of the sufferers of this. I have had all conservative treatments available and still have problems. My podiatrist is a no-nonsense' type dr., who makes me feel terrible when I do not respond to her treatments. I am afraid to tell her that I'm still having problems. Oh, do you know if this has ever been acknowledged as a true 'work-related' injury? My dr. says it's from standing 8 hrs. a day 40 hrs. a week for 23 yrs.,but the company won't accept my claim.
Any im-put on this subject? Ellen

Re: YES!

Ellen N. on 3/03/00 at 00:00 (016832)

Hi Vicki,
As I said to Rick, thank you for your inspiring note. I cannot believe all of the sufferers of this. I have had all conservative treatments available and still have problems. My podiatrist is a no-nonsense' type dr., who makes me feel terrible when I do not respond to her treatments. I am afraid to tell her that I'm still having problems. Oh, do you know if this has ever been acknowledged as a true 'work-related' injury? My dr. says it's from standing 8 hrs. a day 40 hrs. a week for 23 yrs.,but the company won't accept my claim.
Any im-put on this subject? Ellen