Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

one-week ossatron follow-up advice

Posted by GinaC on 3/02/00 at 00:00 (016747)

Talked to Dr. Gordon about follow-up care. When I mentioned having pain,I was told that is normal and to be expected, since the foot has basically been injured. He said that for me, 3 weeks of ultrasound was sufficient and that I should only need to take the Celebrex for a couple more weeks. Actually, looking at the calendar, I will finish ultrasound and Celebrex at about the same time in mid-March, so maybe that's the end of the what appears to be a 'treat/reduce inflammation' phase of follow-up care for me. As for walking, he said NOT to go barefeoot and to take it easy walking for the next few weeks. For example, he said going to the grocery store was fine, but walking around the block 3 times wasn't. He asked me to call him again in 3 weeks and also wanted to know how everyone else was coming along, since he's not on the internet.
posted to the eswt board

Re: one-week ossatron follow-up advice

Karen K on 3/02/00 at 00:00 (016784)

Thanks for the advice! That gives us a better idea of how much walking we should be doing. Did he say anything about gradually increasing walking time or stick to mostly resting our feet? I don't know about you but I'm taking the 'Do not go barefoot' literally. I've duck taped my spenco orthotics to my teva sandals and wear them in the shower. Now there's some great looking footwear (LOL).
More later,
Karen K
posted to the eswt board

Re: one-week ossatron follow-up advice

Karen K on 3/02/00 at 00:00 (016784)

Thanks for the advice! That gives us a better idea of how much walking we should be doing. Did he say anything about gradually increasing walking time or stick to mostly resting our feet? I don't know about you but I'm taking the 'Do not go barefoot' literally. I've duck taped my spenco orthotics to my teva sandals and wear them in the shower. Now there's some great looking footwear (LOL).
More later,
Karen K
posted to the eswt board