Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

I went to see Reflexology and Massage Therapist 2 days ago.

Posted by Kim B. on 3/02/00 at 00:00 (016762)

She really helped me out alot. She is also certified in Cranial Sacral Release so we worked on a little of that too. (I have a lot of medical problems,i.e. FM and etc., so we're trying to cover a lot of areas.)

She really worked on my feet and my ankles, which some of you may remember I have posted have been hurting alot. I am going back in a week. I don't know if it is just a placibo effect, because I want it to help so badly, or if it really is working for me. Either way, I'm doing a bit better.

The recent changes I've made include: More gentle stretching before getting out of bed, getting a rug for my kitchen area, using shower shoes, and investing in some 'SAS' shoes and some otc 'Sof Sole' inserts. All of these things seem to be adding up to less flair up and more progress in the right direction. I'm far from healed, but progress is progress.

I'll keep you posted on my reflexology treatments. An important note to remember is that she is a massage therapist (first) that also certified in reflexology and other areas. This is an important factor, since she also worked on a painful nerve that is running down my leg and into my ankle area. I think releasing that nerve helped alot too.

Hope this helps someone else.

Kim B.

Re: I went to see Reflexology and Massage Therapist 2 days ago.

salina on 3/02/00 at 00:00 (016769)

Hi Kim, it is probably not just in your head. Keep at it if it is working for you.
I looked at the sofsole site you mentioned before. It is a good one, pretty easy to figure out. The inserts look like what I need with the arch support. It was really easy to get a list of stores near me that sell their products. I am going to go around to these stores this weekend to check them out. Thanks for that tip. I will let the board know what I think of them too.
I have been feeling better since I started massaging too. No PT, just my inexperienced hands. But my feet love it. But since I began massaging the same day I started doing foot strengthening exercises, I don't know which one has been more beneficial.
But how does reflexology work? What did she do to you in that regard? Were you sent to her by your doctor or did you just decide to go to her?
Could you ask her if reflexology would be beneficial to someone with TTS also. Just wondering, since I think wendyn and Laurie suffer from TTS. Best wishes to you, and good luck with the treatments.

Sinead on 3/03/00 at 00:00 (016815)

Hi Kim, I went to a chiropractor with osteopathic training Wed. 3/1, He talked alot, has a great interest in nutrition, advised a good Calcium-magnesium supplement, (not calcium carbonate), no sugar, red wine, red meat,minimal caffeine, alcohol, and he did some noisy and scary cracking adjustments .. My right hip was VERY 'out-sore' that day as I am walking on the far right side of my PF affected rt. foot. Any way, He helped me, I left there very tired, achy all over, still in pain with the hip, but the foot felt MUCH better. (He did alot of stretching and 'torquing' of that foot, some 'popping' too.) The next day I felt MUCH improved all over, the hip was fine, the foot sensitivity greatly reducced. I see him today at 2, I'm going to see him every 2 days for a week, and see what's up. as I mentioned before, I'm going on vacation in Ireland on thte 16th, and need to be walking alot.. i ordered the Teva Circuits as you advised, thankyou for the tip! Keep in touch Kim, Sinead

salina on 3/02/00 at 00:00 (016769)

Hi Kim, it is probably not just in your head. Keep at it if it is working for you.
I looked at the sofsole site you mentioned before. It is a good one, pretty easy to figure out. The inserts look like what I need with the arch support. It was really easy to get a list of stores near me that sell their products. I am going to go around to these stores this weekend to check them out. Thanks for that tip. I will let the board know what I think of them too.
I have been feeling better since I started massaging too. No PT, just my inexperienced hands. But my feet love it. But since I began massaging the same day I started doing foot strengthening exercises, I don't know which one has been more beneficial.
But how does reflexology work? What did she do to you in that regard? Were you sent to her by your doctor or did you just decide to go to her?
Could you ask her if reflexology would be beneficial to someone with TTS also. Just wondering, since I think wendyn and Laurie suffer from TTS. Best wishes to you, and good luck with the treatments.

Sinead on 3/03/00 at 00:00 (016815)

Hi Kim, I went to a chiropractor with osteopathic training Wed. 3/1, He talked alot, has a great interest in nutrition, advised a good Calcium-magnesium supplement, (not calcium carbonate), no sugar, red wine, red meat,minimal caffeine, alcohol, and he did some noisy and scary cracking adjustments .. My right hip was VERY 'out-sore' that day as I am walking on the far right side of my PF affected rt. foot. Any way, He helped me, I left there very tired, achy all over, still in pain with the hip, but the foot felt MUCH better. (He did alot of stretching and 'torquing' of that foot, some 'popping' too.) The next day I felt MUCH improved all over, the hip was fine, the foot sensitivity greatly reducced. I see him today at 2, I'm going to see him every 2 days for a week, and see what's up. as I mentioned before, I'm going on vacation in Ireland on thte 16th, and need to be walking alot.. i ordered the Teva Circuits as you advised, thankyou for the tip! Keep in touch Kim, Sinead