Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

shockwave treatment for heelspurs

Posted by Linda on 3/02/00 at 00:00 (016798)

hi to anyone regarding shockwave treatments for heelspurs. I have had heelspurs for the past 2 years. They are a terrible thing to have. I was suppose to have cortizone shots on the March break, but decided not to because of so many rumors of it not working. Now that I have heard about all these different low and high energy shockwave treatments. I think they might be my answere, but are costly. But I am very confused at which treatment to go for. eg. sonocur,or what. So here I am posting this message to anyone out there who can help me with any information on all these different treatments and where they were treated? Also has anyone had sonocu done in Ottawa at the Carlton University? Thank in advance everyone.
Linda
posted to the eswt board

Re: shockwave treatment for heelspurs

David L on 3/03/00 at 00:00 (016895)

Hi Linda,
I can give you whatever info you'd like about Sonocur, as well as the difference between low energy and high energy ESWT. Whichever you choose, ESWT is a safe and highly effective treatment and it is something that you should try before cortisone. If you are in the Ottawa area, I could probably put you in touch with people who have had treatment already.
David Lowy
Sonorex Canada
Toll Free 1 877 766-6287
posted to the eswt board

Linda on 3/04/00 at 00:00 (016920)

Hi David thanks for the information. I am still trying to think of some more questions. Right now there are two options for me to either go to Toronto 2 1/2 hours away for the high energy or Ottawa 2 hours away for the low energy. Its so hard to try and figure out which one would be more of a benefit for me. eg. the trips back and forth and the cost. Either way I really am leaning toward getting this treatment. I am going to keep following up with people on this message board to see how they are all doing. To put me in touch with people who have already had the low enegy treatments from Ottawa would be excellent Thanks
posted to the eswt board

David L on 3/03/00 at 00:00 (016895)

Hi Linda,
I can give you whatever info you'd like about Sonocur, as well as the difference between low energy and high energy ESWT. Whichever you choose, ESWT is a safe and highly effective treatment and it is something that you should try before cortisone. If you are in the Ottawa area, I could probably put you in touch with people who have had treatment already.
David Lowy
Sonorex Canada
Toll Free 1 877 766-6287
posted to the eswt board

Linda on 3/04/00 at 00:00 (016920)

Hi David thanks for the information. I am still trying to think of some more questions. Right now there are two options for me to either go to Toronto 2 1/2 hours away for the high energy or Ottawa 2 hours away for the low energy. Its so hard to try and figure out which one would be more of a benefit for me. eg. the trips back and forth and the cost. Either way I really am leaning toward getting this treatment. I am going to keep following up with people on this message board to see how they are all doing. To put me in touch with people who have already had the low enegy treatments from Ottawa would be excellent Thanks
posted to the eswt board