Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Thanks Martha - what about longish walks?

Posted by Helen on 3/03/00 at 00:00 (016835)

Thanks Martha for your insights. I am wondering about longish walks. Did you walk much post Ossatron? I wore the 'wrong' shoes with my orthotics on Wednesday, and yesterday I was so upset thinking that I may have reinjured the fascia. Today I seem better again. I appreciate your patience and will check out the plstic shoes for some shower help.

Helen

posted to the eswt board

Re: Thanks Martha - what about longish walks?

Martha B. on 3/03/00 at 00:00 (016859)

I started out with very slow paced 1/4 mile walks and have increased to 2 mile walks. For me that was miles and miles. The better part of a year I couldnt walk 2 feet without PAIN. As this board has posted many times,all of us are different. I too,was very scared of doing too much too fast and ending up back where I started. I am happy to report that I no longer ice or take anti inflams. Ocasionally I will take ibuprofen when I overdo. I do however STRETCH faithfully-just the 2 simple stretches that Galea said do. I also do the alphabet with my toes and simple foot flexing before I get out of bed. I never want to have that kind of pain again. Good luck and feel free to email me if u have questions. I know I bugged the daylights out of Jenn and a couple of otheres who had the ossatron before I did.
posted to the eswt board

Re: Thanks Martha - what about longish walks?

Martha B. on 3/03/00 at 00:00 (016859)

I started out with very slow paced 1/4 mile walks and have increased to 2 mile walks. For me that was miles and miles. The better part of a year I couldnt walk 2 feet without PAIN. As this board has posted many times,all of us are different. I too,was very scared of doing too much too fast and ending up back where I started. I am happy to report that I no longer ice or take anti inflams. Ocasionally I will take ibuprofen when I overdo. I do however STRETCH faithfully-just the 2 simple stretches that Galea said do. I also do the alphabet with my toes and simple foot flexing before I get out of bed. I never want to have that kind of pain again. Good luck and feel free to email me if u have questions. I know I bugged the daylights out of Jenn and a couple of otheres who had the ossatron before I did.
posted to the eswt board