Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

8 days Post Op PF surgery both feet

Posted by Dan L. on 3/03/00 at 00:00 (016843)

8 Days since PF surgery for both feet.
Doctor made approx 1.5' incisions very bottom of each heel.
So far, I've been amazed at the lack of pain from the surgery.
Don't get me wrong. If I stand up it hurts like heck!
But just sitting around & recovering with my feet propped up doesn't hurt much at all. Day 1 and 2 were the same as now.
One thing I didn't anticipate was the difficulty of things like.....
Well, let's put it this way: I can scoot to the bathroom on a chair with wheels (not a wheelchair). That part's easy.
Slipping off the chair on to the 'potty' without putting pressure on the feet isn't too bad either. But then, well....slipping off one's pants or undergarments without putting undue pressure on the feet is a bit tricky.
Also, I had not anticipated the (literally) bruised hands I'm developing from the occassional 'walks' with the walker. I want to emphasize SHORT, SHORT walks. Both feet having been 'cut' I must take as much pressure off the feet as possible. So, I simply push down on the top of the walker (when walking) so my feet are not 100% weight bearing. Plus, I do a lot of 'butt scooting' around the house and up & down the stairs. It's actually taking a tole on the hands...of all things!
To sum it up, not too bad so far. But I do look forward to having pain free feet again.
Best of luck to all!!

Re: 8 days Post Op PF surgery both feet

Kim B. on 3/03/00 at 00:00 (016847)

You are a brave man. I hope I never have to walk a mile in your shoes...so to speak. I did have a hysterectomy 8 months ago, so I speak from experience when I say that the recovery period deserves as much attention to detail as the surgery. Avoid scaring and etc.. Hang in there!! Kim B.

Stephanie S. on 3/03/00 at 00:00 (016858)

Dan...Dan...Dan...Were all thinking of you. Best of luck with those
feet of yours. I feel as if I have no room to complain. Steph

CherylBoston on 3/03/00 at 00:00 (016863)

Dear Dan THANK you very much for posting I have been watching for your post ...I'm embarassed to complain about getting a hard cast and not being able to walk properly for almost a year. I'll bet you are up on current events!!Who's going to win the primary? I will keep your recovery in my prayers. I hope you can get around easier soon.Cheryl

Kim B. on 3/03/00 at 00:00 (016847)

You are a brave man. I hope I never have to walk a mile in your shoes...so to speak. I did have a hysterectomy 8 months ago, so I speak from experience when I say that the recovery period deserves as much attention to detail as the surgery. Avoid scaring and etc.. Hang in there!! Kim B.

Stephanie S. on 3/03/00 at 00:00 (016858)

Dan...Dan...Dan...Were all thinking of you. Best of luck with those
feet of yours. I feel as if I have no room to complain. Steph

CherylBoston on 3/03/00 at 00:00 (016863)

Dear Dan THANK you very much for posting I have been watching for your post ...I'm embarassed to complain about getting a hard cast and not being able to walk properly for almost a year. I'll bet you are up on current events!!Who's going to win the primary? I will keep your recovery in my prayers. I hope you can get around easier soon.Cheryl