Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

old men's snow shoes

Posted by Ellen N. on 3/03/00 at 00:00 (016874)

Good idea, Rick.I used to be able to dump the 'hibernation lbs' in no time with excercise, but now in my 40's its like 1 month for every lb.!Especially since I haven't been allowed to use my stair-master or treadmill in going on 2 years due to this Plantar Fasciatis thing.I want to go back to work, but just before I got p/f, we had already decided that after 23 years at the same job, I would go 'part-time', so I've decided to stick to my plan, and that should help these poor dogs also. Who knows, this 4 hrs. a day which is what my pod is recommending that I start out doing, may not even work. At the present time, I can barely stand in a grocery line no more than approx. 15 min. or walk more than 35, hopefully, I'll be able to stand
in one position for 4 hours, which is what I do usually for 8. I like the ice method. Does this sound corny, I like heat better than ice on my feet and knees(osteoarthritis)+ due to too high custom orthodics, the knee caps separated, but nobody knew until a dr. took x-rays, thinking I had o.a. Ellen

Re: old men's snow shoes

Rick R on 3/03/00 at 00:00 (016881)

This may sound strange but I think standing still is much worse than walking. I'm with you on the age thing. My 40th BD splurge was to have surgery on my left heel! (3 yrs 4mo ago). I had a coworker tell me that she thougt I was looking gaunt! (still about 200lbs) It's all in the ability to run it off. I hope you can get back to a comfortable life soon.

Re: old men's snow shoes

Rick R on 3/03/00 at 00:00 (016881)

This may sound strange but I think standing still is much worse than walking. I'm with you on the age thing. My 40th BD splurge was to have surgery on my left heel! (3 yrs 4mo ago). I had a coworker tell me that she thougt I was looking gaunt! (still about 200lbs) It's all in the ability to run it off. I hope you can get back to a comfortable life soon.