Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

10 months post op and one more acupuncture treatment-update

Posted by Lori S on 3/04/00 at 00:00 (016906)

Hi all! It's been over 10 months post op since my 2/3 release and heel spur removal. About 5 months ago I had 4 acupuncture treatments on my non-surgeried foot. (Didn't want her to do the surgeried foot as I wanted to see if the surgery worked.) These seemed to work very well as my non-surgeried foot has the same size heel spur and PF. I wanted to try this as I didn't want to have surgery again this summer. Since 6 months post op, I've been feeling fine. I walk my Dobermans 1-2 miles a day with minimal soreness. About a month ago, I started having more sorness than usual (no PAIN like before surgery, though). Yesterday I went back and had another acupuncture treatment. This AM, I have NO soreness for the first time in a month.
I've been taking a B complex vitamin, in addition to all of my other vitamins, for a couple of weeks now. I still ice about 4 nights a week and stretch a little every day.
Lori in AZ

Re: 10 months post op and one more acupuncture treatment-update

Lori S on 3/04/00 at 00:00 (016907)

oops! Forgot to say that I had her acupuncture BOTH feet this time.
No soreness in either today!
Lori in AZ

Re: 10 months post op and one more acupuncture treatment-update

Lori S on 3/04/00 at 00:00 (016907)

oops! Forgot to say that I had her acupuncture BOTH feet this time.
No soreness in either today!
Lori in AZ