Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

shingles

Posted by alan k on 3/09/00 at 00:00 (017044)

That is surprising Kim that you get shingles flare-ups since normally that does not recur (though it is known to do so in rare cases).

I have had shingles too. Two things to recommend: One: Absolutely NO chocolate. Chocolate is a nerve irritant and known shingles instigator. Look to patterns of chocolate consumption or other foods to see if there is a correlation with your outbreaks. Two: bee's pollen (oral) is good for skin and nerves, and if combined with no chocolate/coffee/caffeine is an effective therapy for shingles.

Also, acupuncture is known to help, as is stretching as your questions and experience indicate. I have completely abandoned medical care for yoga/massage so I can identify with Wendy. If I had good medical care I would still go, though.

alan k

Re: shingles

Kim B. on 3/09/00 at 00:00 (017047)

Wow, Alan, and I liked you so much until that comment about no chocolate. Just kidding, I wouldn't be supprised if you are absolutely right. I'll pay more attention to the connections you mentioned. Thanks for the tips.

It's truly shingles, I've had them for 20 years. On and off of course. Stress stirs them up, so everyone be very nice to me! I'm with you and wendyn, Yoga and massage are definately the way to go.

Regards,
Kim B.

Re: shingles

Kim B. on 3/09/00 at 00:00 (017047)

Wow, Alan, and I liked you so much until that comment about no chocolate. Just kidding, I wouldn't be supprised if you are absolutely right. I'll pay more attention to the connections you mentioned. Thanks for the tips.

It's truly shingles, I've had them for 20 years. On and off of course. Stress stirs them up, so everyone be very nice to me! I'm with you and wendyn, Yoga and massage are definately the way to go.

Regards,
Kim B.