Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Re: WLD Wendyn

Posted by Rick R on 3/09/00 at 00:00 (017065)

Wendyn,

My father used to call me paddle foot. Come to think of it he used to call me a few other things that had nothing at all to do with my flat feet and the resonating spat they used to make, however, they were just as accurate. At least you made me thankful I don't have bunions. Not to mention my fortunate surgical detachment from the couch. Just in time too, darned thing is plum wore our from my fat buttocks. With college tuition forecasted for the next decade, (only 1 1/2 complete) it's replacement will likely be a bean bag chair. Sorry you are still stuck there, but I think your mind and spirit will overcome.

I admire your courage but decided to make you pay for it nonetheless, one train wreck to another. My back did it's thing this week so I have been looking for an outlet, and the kids hit back now, thanks. Besides you are at a safe distance...for now. By the way, thanks for the stinking weather that just rolled in.

But seriously, I agree with the massage thing. I get away from it at times but find myself returning. Taking care of the old dogs before bed makes a difference. I haven't tried acupuncture but am much more open to it than I was before I understood the practice part of practicing medicine. Why is massage out of the question in the case of the flaired up sciatica? If there is disk damage I think I get it. For simple spasms it seems to work well. Do you have the right exercises for the lower back? I went to the Ortho last month to make sure there wasn't anything totally messed up and he sent me to a PT. I'm down to about 6 hrs of sleep as it is and I'm not giving up running so I can go the the gym to work on the back if I can avoid it.

Should I help Kim with her fear of flying?

wendyn on 3/09/00 at 00:00 (017069)

I'm supposed to be working here....

For me, a massage with sciatica would not work because my leg becomes sensitve to even the touch of my clothes let alone the claws of some massive masseuse (masseause? whatever).

Run away Kim, don't listen to him - Rick helped me with my fear of flying by telling me that the planes flying now have parts that used to rattle around in the back of his old car.

The fact that people with minds like Rick are building planes is enough to make anyone afraid of flying.

I have to fly soon and I don't want to think about it anymore!

wendyn on 3/09/00 at 00:00 (017069)

I'm supposed to be working here....

For me, a massage with sciatica would not work because my leg becomes sensitve to even the touch of my clothes let alone the claws of some massive masseuse (masseause? whatever).

Run away Kim, don't listen to him - Rick helped me with my fear of flying by telling me that the planes flying now have parts that used to rattle around in the back of his old car.

The fact that people with minds like Rick are building planes is enough to make anyone afraid of flying.

I have to fly soon and I don't want to think about it anymore!